Spring hair and make-up

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
You see this vrai: 6. Spring is all about shimmer. We love the look of shimmer on eyes & cheeks, especially on tanned skin. Here's a how-to on getting the glow.

:clap:

GeezLouise

tired and content....
What do you guys think is the best way to get that loose waves look? My hair is incredibly thick and style my hair with a round brush when I dry it. Then after that, I usually have to go over it with a straightening iron because my hair so poofy. I use deep conditioning treatments once a week to keep it from drying out. I just hate that its sooo poofy! :jameo:

Any tips?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
GeezLouise said:
What do you guys think is the best way to get that loose waves look? My hair is incredibly thick and style my hair with a round brush when I dry it. Then after that, I usually have to go over it with a straightening iron because my hair so poofy. I use deep conditioning treatments once a week to keep it from drying out. I just hate that its sooo poofy! :jameo:

Any tips?
Donate some of your lucious locks to me? :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
harleygirl said:
One thing they did not mention is a return of headbands. All my fashion magazines mention they are all the rage for this spring/summer
Is that right? :really:

See, Pandora - I'm a trendsetter. :diva: And I've recently started wearing hair combs like we did in high school, so get ready for that to be the hot look for 2007.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
GeezLouise said:

Any tips?
Dab on some anti-frizz solution afterwards, or even some Redken paste? :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
GeezLouise said:
Any tips?
Don't blowdry it all the way. I have thick hair, too, and it freaks out if I dry it all the way. I have a loose perm (rolled on the enormous orange rods), and all I do in the morning is apply Aussie Dual Personality, then a curl booster lotion. Bend at the waist and blowdry upside down, just at the roots for lift. upright yourself, style the top and leave the rest to airdry.

Alternately, you can blowdry your hair most of the way, then roll it up on big rollers and blowdry the rest of the way. When you take the rollers out, you'll have big, bouncy waves and tons of volume.

vraiblonde said:
My hair is so big that it gets tangled up with my eyelashes.

My hair is so big that I had to buy a car with a sunroof.

My hair is so big that it stays up all night while I’m sleeping.

My hair is so big that I need a wide-angle lens for my photos.

My hair is so big that I need a time management plan when I comb it.

My hair is so big that Country Music Stars are jealous.

My hair is so big that my friends think I’m both of the Judd sisters.

My hair is so big that I have to sit on the back row in the movies.

My hair is so big that my cat hisses at it.

My hair is so big that I had to open a charge account to buy shampoo.

My hair is so big that I brush it with a fuzz buster.

My hair is so big that I blow-dry it with the ceiling fan.

My hair is so big that I skateboard without needing a helmet.

My hair is so big that my beautician took out disaster insurance.

My hair is so big that a windstorm can turn it inside out.

My hair is so big that I need K Y jelly to wear a hat.

My hair is so big that my wallet-sized pictures are 8x10.

My hair is so big that it has more body than Dolly Parton.

My hair is so big that it doesn’t wave, it whitewater surfs!

My hair is so big that I bully it instead of teasing it!
Okay...:eyebrow:

Jameo

What?!
vraiblonde said:
Alternately, you can blowdry your hair most of the way, then roll it up on big rollers and blowdry the rest of the way. When you take the rollers out, you'll have big, bouncy waves and tons of volume.

Where can I get these rollers at? Wally World? Sally's?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jameo said:
Where can I get these rollers at? Wally World? Sally's?
Target, CVS, wherever. Get the kind that need a bobby pin to hold - the pink ones with the pop-on thing leave a dunch in the curl.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
You see this vrai: 6. Spring is all about shimmer. We love the look of shimmer on eyes & cheeks, especially on tanned skin. Here's a how-to on getting the glow.

:clap:

:clap: And no reference to putting it on your nose! :razz:

vraiblonde said:
Target, CVS, wherever. Get the kind that need a bobby pin to hold - the pink ones with the pop-on thing leave a dunch in the curl.
Sally's had a good selection of rollers.

Jameo

What?!
Now how do I roll my hair up in these things? Start with the top, then side, then back? Does it make any difference?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Jameo said:
Now how do I roll my hair up in these things? Start with the top, then side, then back? Does it make any difference?

I start with the bottom and work my way up but I could be doing it wrong. Pull all my hair on top of my head in a clip and pull it out in sections and roll.

Hair Rollers – Many people today use rollers to achieve soft curls. If you plan using rollers on your hair, you want to use them right. For example, unheated rollers should be used on damp hair while heated rollers would be used on dry hair.

After you shampoo your hair, do not use products until the hair is no longer wet, but just damp. For one, if you apply the product sooner, the hair will take longer to dry, thus taking longer to curl. Two, you will not get a consistent curls. When you put rollers in your hair, place the largest rollers at the top near the roots to produce the most volume. Just make sure you do not position the rollers right up to the roots or it can pull and stretch the hair, causing damage.

When you unwind the rollers, take your time. Too often, hair will become entangled, causing frustration and pulling. This breaks and tears the hair, making it look frizzy. Then to get a natural curl, instead of using a brush to form tight curls, flip your head over and with your fingers, comb through your hair. Then you flip your hair back, it will be soft and natural.

GeezLouise

tired and content....
pixiegirl said:
I start with the bottom and work my way up but I could be doing it wrong. Pull all my hair on top of my head in a clip and pull it out in sections and roll.

:yeahthat:
Thats what i do :shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Am I the only person who thinks it's silly to change my look based on what someone else decides is "in" this week? :confused:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
Am I the only person who thinks it's silly to change my look based on what someone else decides is "in" this week? :confused:
Yes. I go shopping every weekend for the latest in Hollywood fashion. :bubble: