Kitty question

GeezLouise

tired and content....
I got a cat from the Well Pet Clinic Adoption Day maybe a little over a month ago. Well, this past weekend she went into heat.....BIG TIME! She was supposedly fixed already. :ohwell: They thought she was. She is getting fixed today.

Anyways, she sprayed my one couch and it smells. What would be the best thing to use to clean the couch with? I have febreze and I used that, but I am not sure what would be the best to use to actually clean the couch. There aren't any stains, just when you go up to the couch you get that nasty smell......I thought with getting an older cat, that was fixed, I wouldn't have to worry about this. :frown:

GeezLouise

tired and content....
She was such a good kitty the first few weeks too.....until she got all horny on me :lol:

Doesn't Woolite make an upholstry cleaner?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
GeezLouise said:
She was such a good kitty the first few weeks too.....until she got all horny on me :lol:

Doesn't Woolite make an upholstry cleaner?
Yes.

Jameo

What?!
GeezLouise said:
I got a cat from the Well Pet Clinic Adoption Day maybe a little over a month ago. Well, this past weekend she went into heat.....BIG TIME! She was supposedly fixed already. :ohwell: They thought she was. She is getting fixed today.

Anyways, she sprayed my one couch and it smells. What would be the best thing to use to clean the couch with? I have febreze and I used that, but I am not sure what would be the best to use to actually clean the couch. There aren't any stains, just when you go up to the couch you get that nasty smell......I thought with getting an older cat, that was fixed, I wouldn't have to worry about this. :frown:

I have a pup that was fixed and when she came into heat I was all kinds of confused!!! Turns out she has a slipped ovary. Either I can have more exploatory surgery done to find the ovary or deal with the heat thing every so often and give her hormone pills. I'm not putting my pup thru surgery a thrid time. So every 6 months or so, I have to deal with one PMSing biatch :lmao:

girl130fe

Use Natures Miracle. It takes the smells/stains out and she shouldn't spray there again. Petco sells it. It's a little expensive, but worth every penny. I used this when I steam cleaned the carpets in my rental and the landlady said the carpets were cleaner when I moved out than when I moved in. House trained two puppies there too!

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I got a little "Green Machine" miniature steam cleaner that came with some bissell pet-mess carpet shampoo---I used it on my couch when my retarded dog decided to mark it as his own, and it took out the stain and smell very well. I think we paid like $60 for it at Target, and in a house full of pets it has more than paid for itself.

GeezLouise

tired and content....
Club'nBabySeals said:
I got a little "Green Machine" miniature steam cleaner that came with some bissell pet-mess carpet shampoo---I used it on my couch when my retarded dog decided to mark it as his own, and it took out the stain and smell very well. I think we paid like $60 for it at Target, and in a house full of pets it has more than paid for itself.

I might have to make a trip to Target tonight.....sounds like something worth having in the house...thanks :flowers:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Jameo said:
I have a pup that was fixed and when she came into heat I was all kinds of confused!!! Turns out she has a slipped ovary. Either I can have more exploatory surgery done to find the ovary or deal with the heat thing every so often and give her hormone pills. I'm not putting my pup thru surgery a thrid time. So every 6 months or so, I have to deal with one PMSing biatch :lmao:

10 to 1 there are your agression problems. :yay: See if there's any coorelation between when she "acts up" and when she goes into heat. She's probably all hormonal and bucking Precious for rank as top bia! :lmao:

GeezLouise

tired and content....
pixiegirl said:
I may be wrong but I don't think that female cats spray. She's probably peeing.

I don't know what she did.....but it wasn't pretty. Last night she pooped on that couch as well.....and I had just changed her litter box the night before and also scooped it out when I got home yesterday.

She was fine when we first got her, then over this past weekend after she went into full fledged heat, she just went nuts. She's a totally different cat.

Jameo

What?!
pixiegirl said:
10 to 1 there are your agression problems. :yay: See if there's any coorelation between when she "acts up" and when she goes into heat. She's probably all hormonal and bucking Precious for rank as top bia! :lmao:

About 1/2 the time it is. :yay: I try to keep a close eye on them when Roxy is PMSing.

Shannie0308

My 7 year old male cat started doing the same thing about 4 months ago. He has been fixed since I got him when he was a few months old. He had never sprayed or eliminated outside his litter box, so when he started doing it I thought something was wrong. I took him to the vet and he was put on an antibiotic. Didn't help. They did a sonogram looking for stones... nothing turned up. So the vet ultimately ruled it was behavioral. He linked it to my pregnancy and said the cat was acting out.

My husband and I bought him a new litter box, changed the litter box location and even changed his diet. He hasn't sprayed or eliminated outside the box since then. We'll see what happens when my baby actually gets here in a few weeks, his bad side might come back out lol. :elaine: