Roof Question

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
If the flashing around a pipe that protrudes from the roof is causing a leak that goes through the roof, attic crawlspace, and through the dry wall of the ceiling on the second floor, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume the roofer ought to inspect the attic crawlspace for possible secondary mold/mildew damage? :confused:

I would think that (given it was water -- moisture) over the bathroom that doesn't have a vent fan, in an attic that's warm, and it was enough to protrude down through the drywall (though only slightly), there might be something going on up in the attic worth a look-see. :shrug:

crabcake said:
If the flashing around a pipe that protrudes from the roof is causing a leak that goes through the roof, attic crawlspace, and through the dry wall of the ceiling on the second floor, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume the roofer ought to inspect the attic crawlspace for possible secondary mold/mildew damage? :confused:

I would think that (given it was water -- moisture) over the bathroom that doesn't have a vent fan, in an attic that's warm, and it was enough to protrude down through the drywall (though only slightly), there might be something going on up in the attic worth a look-see. :shrug:

Sounds reasonable to me.

crabcake

Well, it's not really "his" call, per se. It's the owner's call. I haven't bought this house yet ... I'm curious to see if she tries to "band-aid" fix this issue, or resolve it the right way. I don't wanna go having to slap her ass on the 6 o'clock news, too, along with Jiffy Lube. :nono: :lol: This guy she had come fix the roof seemed like his elevator was stuck on the ground level, if you know what I mean. :ohwell:

I think I'll call my own guy to come out and take a look-see. I know he'll give me the straight answer on it and whether there's anything up there or not that needs to be tended to. :yay:

crabcake

huntr1 said:
I thought you already had a house. Or are you looking to buy an investment property?
I live in this house and lease it with the option to buy it.

crabcake

Scaratica said:
Ever heard of a home inspection service?
Of course, but I don't need that much "inspection" right now. That will be done, though, when we get to the negotiation stage.