Things to do, people to see and places to go in Southern Maryland

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
I am new to the area. And dig this forum and somd.com. So i figured I'd try and post a new thread and see what comes of it.

OKie for instance--I like to 4 wheel with an atv. Well I found one awesome spot, I am sure many know of. Go south on Rt 5 towards Point Lookout....take to Herman Ville road make a left. there is some school, I beleive it is called Park Hall elementary school. Take this til you see powerlines. ON the right hand side of the road there will be an entrance under the powerlines. Good palce to go 4 wheeling especially when its muddy, after a good rain. If you take this trail all the way down, you will come to a creek, If u have a 4x4 atv, cross it and continue, eventually if you continue you will find a hunting trail basically, good for an atv too. AWESOME little trail. Happy 4 wheeling.

And maybe we can get people to post bars and stuff on here. If your into 80's music for instance--so far I found Harbour Sound Kicks a$$.

Please feel free to contribute--anything. So for kids too. I have a g/f and a 4,3 and new born children we need to find as much to do with them around this place.

Peace

Y

yornoc

I agree... Power lines (that's what that area is called...locally) rules! I have not been there is about two years but I've had lots of fun down there.

By-the-way, the school is Park Hall Elem.

Happy and safe 4wheeling:cheers: :cool: :D

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
Yeah man

Yeah man. Always safe. Maybe not exactly legal. But ya take what ya can get without tearing up someones property. Though of course, Power company owns the land. But hey its all good.

Jaime

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Green Door! Green Door! My favorite bar. Total dive, but lotsa fun and not very scary. Tiki Bar is fun as well, but after the Green Door, every single place in Solomons seems too darned expensive.

Originally posted by cariblue

Not a lot to do for the kiddies, but there is a new place in Hollywood you might check out. I don't know if it's geared toward little kids so much as teenagers, but it would be worth looking into....(anyone been there yet? I can't remember the name of the place, but I understand they have a "rock climbing" wall.)

Originally posted by seasquirt
Green Door! Green Door! My favorite bar. Total dive, but lotsa fun and not very scary. Tiki Bar is fun as well, but after the Green Door, every single place in Solomons seems too darned expensive.

Seasquirt - why would you want to take kids to the Green Door or the Tiki bar ?!?!! ;)

Seriously though, the kids place in Hollywood is Hyperspace. It is the big blue building at the intersection of 235 and 245. They have rock climbing, ball pit, tubes, and laser tag. I haven't been there myself, but my wife says they have decent food.

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Hahaha!!! He asked for bar recommendations AND things to do with kids! Don't have kids, so I just answered what I could!

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
anything and everything

well I was't just asking about bars. I am out of the military and not an alocoholic. lol.

So I was hopeing to have a nice thread where peopl cna tell poel things to do. Opening days for thigns. Maybe thigns going on at Point Lokout. Kayaking places. Rolelrblading. Anything.

But so far I been to all these palces. And had a blast at all of them.

ONly place I didn't care for was Catamarans. not that I am all old. But a younger crowd for bars. And I dig good bands. But i went when there a bunch of 21 years olds there so, who knows.

Let's see what else, maybe somewhere to go 4 wheeling with a truck too.

Peace

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
I am an edamucated White man

As you an tell I have problems with spelling. I think I am anerrexic. I dickslexic.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hi Sprout,

The place in Hollywood is HyperSpace and it is a lot of fun for young kids as well as older ones. My daughter is almost 3 and LOVES going there. They don't have a ball pit though, but do have a big Habitrail for kids as well as the rock wall, arcade and laser tag.

Tonight is Adult Night and you have to be 21 or older after 9pm to enter. They will have a DJ and dancing and tournaments. They do have good food.

Originally posted by RoseRed
Hi Sprout,

The place in Hollywood is HyperSpace .... They don't have a ball pit though, but do have a big Habitrail for kids as well as the rock wall, arcade and laser tag.

I finally made it there this weekend, and after sitting under the hamster trail for a while I realized that there was in fact no ball pit...I stand corrected. That rock climbing wall is harder than it looks.

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
Hyperspace

Rock on, whenever I move the g.f and kids up I guess I'll have to go there. And check it out for myself.

B

Beth

hi, just trying to find out about the bands in the area. anyone know of any good ones, and where they play? :blushing: :blushing:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
As far as Bands go, Neptunes has really good bands and my favorite is Flipswitch. They play at several locations in the area. They are partial to Swans, Neptunes, and the Door. But thats just my opinion.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Oh this is soooo cool - thanks for starting this thread - I am gonna check out the 4 wheel spot you mentioned asap :D Found any other places? My friend said I need to pay 65 bucks and go to the eastern shore -there is a place you can 4 wheel on the beach and stuff - but I forgot half of what she said and will ask again and post it for ya. Found Harbour Sound and the tiki bar, and Neptunes - but where the heck is "the door"?

G

giggles04

Migtig.... you must be new around here eh?
"The Door" refers to the Green Door.... which is a bar that is located on Route 5 just north of 489. If you're coming from Great Mills Rd, its less than 10 minutes south... if that.

Lilly

The Original Lilly
Originally posted by jeneisen
As far as Bands go, Neptunes has really good bands and my favorite is Flipswitch. They play at several locations in the area. They are partial to Swans, Neptunes, and the Door. But thats just my opinion.

I have seen Flipswitch before - Great Show! Had a lot of fun, but we left early because a fight broke out in the middle of the bar!! That was just not my scene! Had a great time until then!
There was another band too that we saw at Swann's but don't remember there name! :(

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Thanks giggles for answering all my questions - 'preciate bunches - owe you a beer. Don't have a clue where 489 is but I can find 5 - wish me luck :p

G

giggles04

Hey Migtig.... not a problem.... I've lived in this county all my life... I don't mind tryin to help somebody find anything around here!:)

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
4 Wheeling

Other spots just remember. POwerlines. Anywhere there are powerlines there are sure to be trails for riding some kind of toy.

Out on 249 south bound towards valley lee there are some powerlines. And a quarry, that is nice.

And behind all those stores on 235. As in behind wallmart and styuff some guys told me about.