Post "Cat Fight" Reprimand

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
[font=verdana,sans-serif] Family members are typically given entrance to the track on a "license" that recognizes them as a team member, meaning their actions can be policed by NASCAR and the sanctioning body reserves the right to revoke their pass at any time.[/font]
I wondered about this after it happened ... if the new "rule dodge" was to have a non-team member do the dirty work, but it appears they view girlfriends/wives in a team-member capacity. :ohwell:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
"Lowe's Motor Speedway president Humpy Wheeler said wives and girlfriends had a stormy history during NASCAR's early days and many have been thrown out of tracks because of their behavior.

"That kind of stuff was common back in the old days, everybody was fighting back then, especially the women," Wheeler said. "But there wasn't the TV coverage we have today, so it wasn't that big of a deal."

<!-- Subject: nascar-bifflesgirlfriend -->How in the hell do you acquire a name like that!?!?

This is all tongue-in-cheek stuff anyway. It's not as though these women had a hair pulling, claws drawn catfight out there. :lmao:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
<!-- Subject: nascar-bifflesgirlfriend -->
Penn said:
This is all tongue-in-cheek stuff anyway. It's not as though these women had a hair pulling, claws drawn catfight out there. :lmao:
No, they didn't ... yet it was still the most entertaining part of the race. :lol:

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
Penn said:
"Lowe's Motor Speedway president Humpy Wheeler said wives and girlfriends had a stormy history during NASCAR's early days and many have been thrown out of tracks because of their behavior.

"That kind of stuff was common back in the old days, everybody was fighting back then, especially the women," Wheeler said. "But there wasn't the TV coverage we have today, so it wasn't that big of a deal."

<!-- Subject: nascar-bifflesgirlfriend -->How in the hell do you acquire a name like that!?!?

I heard about it on the radio on my way home, thought there was a catfight, then got home to have my hubby tell me all she did was :nono: and left.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Somdmommy said:
I heard about it on the radio on my way home, thought there was a catfight, then got home to have my hubby tell me all she did was :nono: and left.
I saw it replayed during the race, and after on Speed World. It wasn't that big of a deal.

Somdmommy

Penn said:
I saw it replayed during the race, and after on Speed World. It wasn't that big of a deal.

Yeah I know, but i thought maybe she threw something at her. I dont understand really, its a race #### happens, thats how those boys play.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I'm still chuckling over here:

You all think Humpy Wheeler might be a good old boy? :lmao:

Somdmommy

Is that not his name...i dont know hard to tell these days. My in laws are from down there, i went to lowes MS last year, some of the people i saw, wouldnt surprise me if thats what their name way

Mikeinsmd

<<~~~~This is the guy you never get sick of seeing up front all the time!! :diva:
Somdmommy said:
:yeahthat:
thank god for that, him and Jeff ruin races, i get sick of seeing them up front all the time.

Somdmommy

Mikeinsmd said:
<<~~~~This is the guy you never get sick of seeing up front all the time!! :diva:

I do, but i would rather see him that Jeff!!!

To each his own, hes still 1st in points too aint he?

Mikeinsmd

Somdmommy said:
I do, but i would rather see him that Jeff!!!

To each his own, hes still 1st in points too aint he?
Jimmie is still 1st but my boy is rapidly catching him. :biggrin:

Rank Driver Behind
1. -- Jimmie Johnson Leader
2. +1 Matt Kenseth -15
3. +1 Kasey Kahne -46
4. -2 Mark Martin -46
5. +3 Tony Stewart -97
6. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. -112
7. -2 Kyle Busch -113
8. -1 Jeff Gordon -152
9. +3 Kevin Harvick -204
10. -- Casey Mears -218

Somdmommy

Mikeinsmd said:
Jimmie is still 1st but my boy is rapidly catching him. :biggrin:

Rank Driver Behind
1. -- Jimmie Johnson Leader
2. +1 Matt Kenseth -15
3. +1 Kasey Kahne -46
4. -2 Mark Martin -46
5. +3 Tony Stewart -97
6. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. -112
7. -2 Kyle Busch -113
8. -1 Jeff Gordon -152
9. +3 Kevin Harvick -204
10. -- Casey Mears -218

Hes gotta catch Kasey first.......after last week i dont know he may have a challenge there.....He did run a good race though ( Tony)

Mikeinsmd

Somdmommy said:
Hes gotta catch Kasey first.......after last week i dont know he may have a challenge there.....He did run a good race though ( Tony)
He will. Kasey is not consistant. He's doing better though. :yay: