Rockfish

Good luck to all who go out tomorrow. From what I've heard so far there's plenty of hungry fish out there, but most under the 33" limit. Be gentle to those smaller guys!
:howdy:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Tonite will officially be the end of the marriage until the first of January. :lmao: When he's not on the softball field, :yahoo:he'll be in the boat. :yahoo: Oh whoa is me. :jameo: :yahoo:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My uncle took out his 1st charter on 4/15, they left the dock @ 7 am and the party was DONE (they got tired of catching fish) @ 9:30 am. Not bad for a rookie captain I think.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I talked to a charter captain this morning after church, and they're definitely out there.

Find the birds feeding for minnows and such on top of the water, and rockfish will be feeding underneath. :patriot:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
desertrat said:
Anybody else? Hows the fishing? Bob, you went right?
I went.. GREAT TIME!!

We went out at 6:30, after the weather settled down we caught 11 fish, only 1 was less then 28 inches, and three ended up being keepers. I caught a 38 incher.. we were back on the dock by 11:30 (I think). Shoot forgot to load the pics onto SmugMug.. We had two fish on at one time, one came in looked like a feeder fish, the other could have swallowed him whole.. Listening to the radio out on the water, sounds like EVERYone was doing well... Looks like a GREATStriper season..

I was in Richmond on Sunday, but the boat buddies went out again and caught five more keepers.. and kept four..

OH, and MIGHT be some RockFish on the grill on the 22nd!!

Last edited:

HunterJJD

desertrat said:
Anybody else? Hows the fishing? Bob, you went right?
Got 19 fish for the weekend with only 8 keepers. Saturday was a great day but sunday was slow but still had fun.

Just canceled my trip for today, not happy but will go out maybe Wednesday or thursday

JD

Jameo

What?!
HunterJJD said:
Got 19 fish for the weekend with only 8 keepers. Saturday was a great day but sunday was slow but still had fun.

Just canceled my trip for today, not happy but will go out maybe Wednesday or thursday

JD

Either of them days works for me! :yay: :lmao:

fttrsbeerwench

Penn said:
I talked to a charter captain this morning after church, and they're definitely out there.

Find the birds feeding for minnows and such on top of the water, and rockfish will be feeding underneath. :patriot:

:yeahthat:
You would not believe the size if the feeding frenzy I saw the other day from my parents pier. They live across from St. Mary's City and it was twice as wide as the creek mouth.. I can't wait to go fishin' this summer...
Grilled Rock.
Fried Rock.
Stuffed Rock.
Rock and eggs.
:yum: