Oh Ponytail.....

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
:razz: :buttkick: It didn't need a tuneup Mr. ChastisePixiefornevertuninguphercar. :jameo: The plugs and wires were still in perfect shape.

Reason 498756 why I'll likely never own anything but a Toyota product ever again. Aside from some pretty minor electrical problems then only issue I've ever had with my car was a dirty O2 sensor and dirty throtle body??? Whatever they are??? They're clean and she's running like a champ again with 120k miles. :getdown:

Pete

Repete
pixiegirl said:
:razz: :buttkick: It didn't need a tuneup Mr. ChastisePixiefornevertuninguphercar. :jameo: The plugs and wires were still in perfect shape.

Reason 498756 why I'll likely never own anything but a Toyota product ever again. Aside from some pretty minor electrical problems then only issue I've ever had with my car was a dirty O2 sensor and dirty throtle body??? Whatever they are??? They're clean and she's running like a champ again with 120k miles. :getdown:
There is no such thing as a "minor" electrical problem.
~Jim Lovell, Apollo 13

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
pixiegirl said:

Uh... Cleaning the throttlebody/carburetor and replacing the O2 sensor ARE part of a tune up...
LoL! Silly girl. :razz:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Lugnut said:
Uh... Cleaning the throttlebody/carburetor and replacing the O2 sensor ARE part of a tune up...
LoL! Silly girl. :razz:

Well the plugs and wires were fine and didn't need to be replaced. :razz: I don't have a penis; cut me some slack here. He yelled at me. :bawl: You're supposed to take my side here. PT is cute and does have nice hair and all but I have a nicer rack!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Pete said:
There is no such thing as a "minor" electrical problem.
~Jim Lovell, Apollo 13

It's minor enough that it's only fudging up my cig lighter and a dash light. With gas at a bazillion dollars a gallon it looks as if Lexi is out the door anyway. Poor Lexi; she was loved.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
pixiegirl said:
Well the plugs and wires were fine and didn't need to be replaced. :razz: I don't have a penis; cut me some slack here. He yelled at me. :bawl: You're supposed to take my side here. PT is cute and does have nice hair and all but I have a nicer rack!

I have no idea how to respond to that. Uhh... Good point(s)? You win this one :lmao: :lmao:

Ponytail

Pix, I don't care what kind of car you drive. If it has plugs and wires, no way in HE!! that they are going to go 120,000 miles without being replaced. Your car HAD to have had a tune-up at some point, whether you knew or remember it or not.

And if there is a mechanic out there, that would not recommend changing them after 120,000 miles regardless of what they look like, knowing, or at least being told, that they had never been done before, I wanna know who he is so that I can avoid going to him and also get the word out to my friends that he is an idiot.

Read your owners manual and tell me what the recommended interval for plugs and wires is for your car. :popcorn:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Ponytail said:
Pix, I don't care what kind of car you drive. If it has plugs and wires, no way in HE!! that they are going to go 120,000 miles without being replaced. Your car HAD to have had a tune-up at some point, whether you knew or remember it or not.

And if there is a mechanic out there, that would not recommend changing them after 120,000 miles regardless of what they look like, knowing, or at least being told, that they had never been done before, I wanna know who he is so that I can avoid going to him and also get the word out to my friends that he is an idiot.

Read your owners manual and tell me what the recommended interval for plugs and wires is for your car. :popcorn:

It's a 2001, I got it in 2002 with 20k on it and unless they were changed in the begining of 2004 when I ran her in the ditch then I have absolutely no knowledge of anything ever ever being done. I took it to Cheseldine which is very highly spoken of on here for their work and reliability. :yay: I put it in and TOLD them to replaced the plugs. Told then it was hesitating. They called me back told me she was running lean and that the plugs were fine. Trouble shot for a while then came back with the dirty throttle body and sensor. Got her back clean and she's running fine. :razz:

Ponytail

pixiegirl said:
It's a 2001, I got it in 2002 with 20k on it and unless they were changed in the begining of 2004 when I ran her in the ditch then I have absolutely no knowledge of anything ever ever being done. I took it to Cheseldine which is very highly spoken of on here for their work and reliability. :yay: I put it in and TOLD them to replaced the plugs. Told then it was hesitating. They called me back told me she was running lean and that the plugs were fine. Trouble shot for a while then came back with the dirty throttle body and sensor. Got her back clean and she's running fine. :razz:

So, is the hubby in a straight jacket yet?