Cole Travel

alex

Anyone use Cole Travel down in the park for personal travel? Looking to take a trip this fall to celebrate our 20th anniversary and need some help/information. But they are only open days, Monday thru Friday so I wondered if they even want personal travel business or just corporate.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Just something to think about, with access to the web now, why would anyone use a travel agent?????

alex

We want to go to Europe but we do not want to take an escourted tour. We would rather rent an apartment and a car and go where we want, when we want. However, we are not sure exactly where in Europe we want to go, etc and thought a travel agent might be better able to advise us.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
alex said:
We want to go to Europe but we do not want to take an escourted tour. We would rather rent an apartment and a car and go where we want, when we want. However, we are not sure exactly where in Europe we want to go, etc and thought a travel agent might be better able to advise us.

I have heard Italy is wonderful to visit in that manner.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Elle said:
Just something to think about, with access to the web now, why would anyone use a travel agent?????
Easy answer. We found everything we wanted for our next trip online, but went to the agent just to see what they could do. She saved us $60 on a $3800 trip, so the cost wasn't really different. She also made at least six calls to line everything up. By going through the agent, we essentially hired her to take care of any problems that may spring up. Overall, worth while so far.

My recommendation: get online to get prices, then go to the agent and let them have a shot at doing it better than you could.

I've never tried Cole, but Carlson Wagonlit near KMart did good for us.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Elle said:
We went through a travel agent when booking our honeymoon cruise. They were able to save us a bunch of money. :yay:

Christy

b*tch rocket
alex said:

I'd just do it yourself. A travel agent isn't going to tell you anything different than what you would be able to find on your own via google. We passed some of our ideas through a travel agent when we were first planning our trip, but I found them to be more of a pain that anything else. I knew what I wanted, or at least had an idea of what I wanted, so I'd google it, and I'd find it.

Just ask my travel mates. I did a fine job of planning and selecting our accomodations in Italy. :biggrin:

Heck, if you tell me what your "dream" European vacation would be, I could help you out. :shrug:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Another great place to look is tripadvisor.com. Go read through their travel forums. There are TONS of recommendations and suggestions. That site really helped me when I was trying to figure out where to stay and where to go.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Christy said:
Another great place to look is tripadvisor.com. Go read through their travel forums. There are TONS of recommendations and suggestions. That site really helped me when I was trying to figure out where to stay and where to go.
And don't stop there, I've been able to find forums geared towards every vacation we've taken/planned (Disney, cruise, camping). Tons of tips and pointers along with honest opinions from others that have experienced what you are planning to.

alex

Thanks for the advice.

I think we are looking at an apartment base in Germany and rail trips to other places/countries from there. We only have about 7 days to spend, not counting the day we fly out and the day we fly back. I did something similar to this using an apartment in London and it worked out really well. By the time we got back to the apt we were too tired to go out to dinner so it was nice to eat a light meal in the apt.

Actually Cole is helping a lot via email. I have been to Italy already. Went to Rome, rented a car and drove thru Tuscany to Florence and we have been to the UK a few times. Each time I planned everything via the web and it was very time consuming for me.

I may double check their prices on the web but just the pleasure of having someone else do the work is worth it to me right now.