Rain gear

I'm looking for a little advice on raingear. Not planning on riding in the rain, but equally sure it'll happen so I want to be prepared. What brands are good? Any good websites, etc? :howdy:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I actually went to Bob's BMW and bought a one piece which I thought for a BMW store was CHEAP!! $99.00.. it's reflective, and BRIGHT colored, and VERY waterpoof, and rolls up into a very small package so easy to store and carry any time I go out. And i didn't go there to BUY the rain gear, it just happens that evey time I go there I get caught in the rain, and the last time I had had enough and bought the gear...

My riding gear (jacket and pants) is waterproof if I put the liners in it, but if it's over 65 degrees, I end up getting soaked in sweat.. so had to buy ome seperate rain gear.

Dukesdad

I use Frog Toggs. I have the set with the bib overalls and the jacket with hood. Thy may be called anglers or something to that effect. Very light and can be rolled up in a small pack. I road back from Ocean City last year during one of the tropical storms that hit and the only thing wet was the cuff of my pants that was sticking out on one side. They were not very expensive either; less that $100.

slotted

I usually wear snowboarding pants, or a cheap rainsuit from Walmart. Both of them always get burned up on my exhaust.

slotted said:
I usually wear snowboarding pants, or a cheap rainsuit from Walmart. Both of them always get burned up on my exhaust.
Thanks. Maybe I'll wear the boys snowboarding pants. :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
desertrat said:
Thanks. Maybe I'll wear the boys snowboarding pants. :lmao:
The one's I have are heat resistant. It's not fun to clean melted plastic off your exhaust pipes.

aps45819 said:
The one's I have are heat resistant. It's not fun to clean melted plastic off your exhaust pipes.
Yeah, what do you use anyway? I've got what might be nylon or plastic on mine. Put there by previous owner. Is it safe to use fine steel wool? I guess I could try it somewhere out of sight.

jbooty

desertrat said:
Yeah, what do you use anyway? I've got what might be nylon or plastic on mine. Put there by previous owner. Is it safe to use fine steel wool? I guess I could try it somewhere out of sight.

My roommate's pants caught her pipes and left a nice big spot that looked like plastic.. We got her pipes real hot so it melted the spot, then used a nickel to scrape it all into a little "pile" on the pipes then wiped off what we could with a soft cloth.. once the pipes cooled off, we went over the area with lacquer thinner.. worked great and left NO marks at all..

jbooty said:
My roommate's pants caught her pipes and left a nice big spot that looked like plastic.. We got her pipes real hot so it melted the spot, then used a nickel to scrape it all into a little "pile" on the pipes then wiped off what we could with a soft cloth.. once the pipes cooled off, we went over the area with lacquer thinner.. worked great and left NO marks at all..
Thanks, I'll try that. I'll leave it to the other guys to say anything about getting her pipes real hot. :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
desertrat said:
Easy-Off oven cleaner

Ponytail

I bought a m/c cheap 2pc rainsuit for $20 8 years ago. It's gotten alot of use, the pants have a few small burn holes in em' but since I generally don't ride in the rain and only have them for the "just in case" times, they work great.