Motorcycle insurance

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
What are you guys paying for insurance and on what bike?

I have State Farm, full covererage, $500 deductable and cost is $250/year for a 2005 Yamaha YZF600R.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Lugnut said:
What are you guys paying for insurance and on what bike?

I have State Farm, full covererage, $500 deductable and cost is $250/year for a 2005 Yamaha YZF600R.

Thats about what they wanted to insure the 84 magna. I went with liability for about $135 per year.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
A friend of mine just got a quote from Progressive of $1300 for a Yamaha FZ1. I thought that was a bit high.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I've got Progressive, and the new bike ran it up to $700 a year, Have gotten lower quotes and I'm definatly switching next year.

hollywoman

GEICO Motorcycle Ins we have 3 bikes are insurance is 600.00 a year for all three. Call them, they give great rates.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I pay $48 a month (State Farm), so a little less then $600 a year for full coverage, $250 deductible.

Last edited:

cbspec

Fat Hen
Wow. I just got Progressive full coverage on my 87 Sportster: $144 per year. $250 deductable, roadside asst., $1,000 in extras included, etc... I'm not a Spring Hen either. Age can make a diff. But it beat Geico by several hundreds.

I haven't had to try and use them yet either. Hope lowest price doesn't mean cheapest service.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
cbspec said:
Wow. I just got Progressive full coverage on my 87 Sportster: $144 per year. $250 deductable, roadside asst., $1,000 in extras included, etc... I'm not a Spring Hen either. Age can make a diff. But it beat Geico by several hundreds.

I haven't had to try and use them yet either. Hope lowest price doesn't mean cheapest service.
Not to be mean, but it's a Sportster.. of all bikes, that is probably the cheapest to insure. In Germany the Germans loved the 883 due it being less then 50 HP.. still qualified it as a scooter, significantly less insurance, less laws governing things like helmets, exhaust etc....

Eagle1

I am with State Farm and pay $552.00 per year FULL coverage with NO deductable for a 1994 Yamaha V-Max AND a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja. I think its a pretty good deal comesdown to $12.00 per mnth for the ninja and $34.00 per mnth for the V-Max. This includes repalcement value for aftermarket parts that where installed and have reciepts for.

cbspec

Fat Hen
Well for my first bike I guess it's a good bike and a good ins. price. Got to have insurance, no question. I'm sure I'll pay much more if and when I decide to upgrade or add another bike to my flock.

I really like this thread. Thanks for starting it (or bringing it to our attention again) Lugnut.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
cbspec said:
Well for my first bike I guess it's a good bike and a good ins. price. Got to have insurance, no question. I'm sure I'll pay much more if and when I decide to upgrade or add another bike to my flock.

I really like this thread. Thanks for starting it (or bringing it to our attention again) Lugnut.
Harley's are PERFECT beginner bikes..