Good Shrink or Good beating?

Christy

b*tch rocket
I'm sooooo close to poppin my son upside the head! :burning: He is being such a tard it's not even funny. In a matter of a month (since his dad moved back here) he's totally digressed in every way. School work is in the toilet, attitude is in the toilet, motivation is in the toilet, and the MOUTH is running rampant! :burning:

I don't blame his father, because his dad is a good one and is as baffled as I am.

I'm thinking that now that his Dad is up here, he thinks he can play one against the other, as well as figuring life sucks with me and it would be way better living with his dad.

I know it will all pass, but not soon enough! :burning:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Could you sit him down and talk to him, or is he acting too withdrawn for that to work? I guess it depends on the child. Maybe you and his father could sit down and have a discussion with him, show that you are working together (and he can't play you against each other), and confront him with his behavioral changes. Would something like that work, you think, or would he feel bullied upon? Gosh, I guess I'm not much help - but I'm trying, haha!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Barbra
pftroest.gif
:yeahthat: Be patient. He's probably just going through an adjustment period and it will all straighten out. As long as you and the ex are on the same page, I'm sure it will work out.

Good suggestions, Lauren, but "withdrawn" is not an adjective I'd use to describe either of Christy's kids. :lol:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by laureng
Could you sit him down and talk to him, or is he acting too withdrawn for that to work? I guess it depends on the child. Maybe you and his father could sit down and have a discussion with him, show that you are working together (and he can't play you against each other), and confront him with his behavioral changes. Would something like that work, you think, or would he feel bullied upon? Gosh, I guess I'm not much help - but I'm trying, haha!

Did all that, he thinks we're "pickin on him" :rolleyes: I suppose the behavior changes are pretty normal and is going through an "adjustment" period, but it doesn't make me want to not beat him! :lol:

I just kicked his azz out the door to go do something useful rather than rotting his brain watching cartoons or sitting in his room staring at the ceiling. He's been banished from anything fun today since he made the foolish decision to mouth off earlier. :burning:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by vraiblonde
:yeahthat: Be patient. He's probably just going through an adjustment period and it will all straighten out. As long as you and the ex are on the same page, I'm sure it will work out.

Good suggestions, Lauren, but "withdrawn" is not an adjective I'd use to describe either of Christy's kids. :lol:

He actually is being "withdrawn" lately. He's having a pitty party for himself for having such a "rotten" life, that would be sooooo much better if I were still married to his dad. :rolleyes:

It could be the age too. Steve was talking to some people he works with that have boys his age and they're all dealing with newly acquired bad attitudes.

Christy

b*tch rocket
It's all just tickin me off because when he doesn't have the tard tude, he's a lot of fun to be around.

The devils gone and taken over my son and I want him back!!! :lol:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Then just tell him to knock it off or you're going to kick his butt. :lol:

How old is he?

I did! He rolled his eyes. :bawl: :burning:

I always start off so nicely. You know with, "I don't expect you to ever be the best at reading and writing, but these are things that you MUST know how to do in order to function in the world". By the end of the day it's "boy! You'd best reach down, grab your ears and pull your head out your azz, and you'd better do it soon!" Then the finale of "you'd better get out of my site before I knock you out! "

Maybe I should tell him that if he keeps rolling his eyes like he does they'll get stuck in the back of his head. :twitch:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
All you can do is let him chew on it for a while...

:smile: Christy, it sounds like he has questions and issues that he has no answers for inside.

Furthermore, it may be the answers you have aren't the ones he is expecting to hear.

All you can hope for is that he will work through some of the "whys" and "how come this and that" on his own, and at some point come to you when he's ready.

Did I make any sense?

penn

Christy

b*tch rocket
Oh Vrai, he's 11.

Penn, I think it's more of a "let me see what I can get away with, and what buttons can I push" more than any search for answers. Irregardless, I'm not gonna let him get away with being an azz.

After a good two hours of shoveling snow he's now quite pleasant. I don't particularly think he feels remorse for mouthing off, more like he doesn't want to shovel MORE snow.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Christy

After a good two hours of shoveling snow he's now quite pleasant. I don't particularly think he feels remorse for mouthing off, more like he doesn't want to shovel MORE snow.
:lmao:

Remorseful or not, I'll bet he had a lot of time to think during work.
Hope you got some peace and quiet too. :smile:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Maybe he needs to stay busy.....

Oh Vrai, he's 11.

Penn, I think it's more of a "let me see what I can get away with, and what buttons can I push" more than any search for answers. Irregardless, I'm not gonna let him get away with being an azz.

:biggrin: Hey! How about assigning him the task of 'tendin to the hogs, when he gets home from school right away.

If activity mellows him out, it might give him time to think, it would keep him out of your hair and him out of getting his chops busted at the same time.
penn

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh Vrai, he's 11.
Yeah, that's about the age they start acting like that. Moody, withdrawn, mouthy. Makes you want to knock them out. :lol: The good news is that once they hit about 14 or so, they cut it out. I guess it's puberty or something.

Christy, if you think this is bad, wait 'til Zoe hits that age! :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by bluto
Are you Catholic? Maybe an exorcism is in order...
:roflmao:
He's probably to old for the "No Pouting Zone" such as I tell my daughter. Except I use Whining instead of Pouting.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Huh?

Originally posted by bluto
Are you Catholic? Maybe an exorcism is in order...

:biggrin: I thought that only worked on girls who vomit up green pea soup?

So vrai, you're saying that Christy only has about 3 years left to go with this situation? Wonder who's gonna survive?

penn:razz2:

Oh heck, it's only life, Christy! Be firm! Get yourself a 30" softball bat and keep it where it's in easy reach!

Last edited:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Re: Maybe he needs to stay busy.....

Originally posted by penncam
:biggrin: Hey! How about assigning him the task of 'tendin to the hogs, when he gets home from school right away.

If activity mellows him out, it might give him time to think, it would keep him out of your hair and him out of getting his chops busted at the same time.
penn

He does tend the hogs! :lol: I don't mind him being in my hair just so long as he isn't mouthing off or rolling his eyes.

I thought of finding him a good shrink, but they're all liberal dingbats, that would only fuel his self pity.

God help us Vrai, when Zoe hits puberty, she's already got attitude!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Re: Maybe he needs to stay busy.....

He does tend the hogs! :lol: I don't mind him being in my hair just so long as he isn't mouthing off or rolling his eyes.

I thought of finding him a good shrink, but they're all liberal dingbats, that would only fuel his self pity.

Three thoughts here: Tell him if he keeps rolling his eyes, his pecker is gonna shrink up the size of a pencil eraser!

Don't send him to no liberal dingbat shrink, we don't need anymore ignorant anti-war protesters.

How far away is Zoe(that's a neat name) from puberty? Within three years? Ohh, double your pleasure, double your fun!
penn

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Maybe he needs to stay busy.....

Hopefully, she will be better than I was... she and I do share the same first name.... :rolleyes: