Hair Cuts

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
I need help! I wanna cut my hair short for the summer. Not sure where to go, the last few times I have gone from Long to Short it has not been what I asked for. Can anyone tell me where I can go to get my hair cut that will do What I Want. :howdy:

morganj614

Somdmommy said:
I need help! I wanna cut my hair short for the summer. Not sure where to go, the last few times I have gone from Long to Short it has not been what I asked for. Can anyone tell me where I can go to get my hair cut that will do What I Want. :howdy:

Find a picture of what you want and bring that in.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
You probably shouldn't change your cut so drastically with a "new to you" stylist. Go to someone for a few trims, to size them up, maybe go about halfway to your desired end result and see how well they follow your directions and how happy you are with them.

Shannie0308

Somdmommy said:

I got about 6 inches cut off a few months back, and I went to Design Studio's in La Plata. Stephanie is the owner, and she is GREAT! She did exactly what I had in mind, and I love it.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Somdmommy....what kind of hair do you have? Curly, straight? Mine is curly and I found a decent stylist at the Hair Cuttery in California, MD :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
That whole "take a picture thing in" doesn't always work (even with a good stylist) because a lot of people pick a cut that probably doesn't work for their hair or face shape, and they don't like it once they have it.

Try finding a good stylist, (like someone else said) check him/her out for a few trims, then ask their recommendation for a short cut/style that would be good for YOU vs. some model in a magazine. :yay:

I've gone to Joanne at "The Salon" in Waldorf for years. They're pricey but well worth it. I have NEVER gotten a bad cut from her or anyone else I have sent to her.

slotted

Suz' said:
:smack:

My hair looks better then yours anyday! :razz:

BTW- I'm letting it grow and I am a licensed cosmetologist.
I said that you were a great contact. Please show me where I said that your hair looks like shiat?

Relax, breathe.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
forever jewel said:
Somdmommy....what kind of hair do you have? Curly, straight? Mine is curly and I found a decent stylist at the Hair Cuttery in California, MD :yay:
My hair is stright and very very thick.