My freakin' car quit

camily

Peace
Ok, so my car runs great all the time. Today, I go to Petco to waste time before getting my nails done and when I try to start the car.....nothing. There is a "click" noise when I turn the key. The radio comes on and all the battery stuff, but no turn over attempt at all. My car is a 2002 Kia Rio. Stick. Any thoughts?
BTW, yes, I had the clutch in all the way.

MMDad

Lem Putt
camily said:
Ok, so my car runs great all the time. Today, I go to Petco to waste time before getting my nails done and when I try to start the car.....nothing. There is a "click" noise when I turn the key. The radio comes on and all the battery stuff, but no turn over attempt at all. My car is a 2002 Kia Rio. Stick. Any thoughts?
Car related, or just any thoughts?

onebdzee

off the shelf
camily said:

Low battery?

The battery might have enough power to turn all the "battery stuff" on....but, not enough to start the car

So I'd start with changing battery

Mikeinsmd

camily said:
Could be starter or solonoid. Maybe battery. Did you try it many times?

S

Scaratica

camily said:
Sounds like the battery cables are bad or your starter is bad

camily

Peace
Scaratica said:
Sounds like the battery cables are bad or your starter is bad
That is what a friend said too so hopefully that is all. The battery is only about a year old. A starter is cheap, yes?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Check the battery cables. If you've got corrosion on them, you're not getting all the power the battery has to offer.

:huggy:

Mikeinsmd

camily said:
That is what a friend said too so hopefully that is all. The battery is only about a year old. A starter is cheap, yes?
Cables don't go bad. Maybe the terminals need cleaning. Starters aren't too expensive but can be a mutha to install.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Penn said:
Check the battery cables. If you've got corrosion on them, you're not getting all the power the battery has to offer.

:huggy:

:yeahthat:

baking soda and water will get the corrosion off

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
CMC122 said:
What about the blinker fluid? Did you check that?
:yeahthat: If that's not it, it's probably the sprike pulls. PM Tigger, she might have a few extra laying around you could borrow. :yay:

bcp

In My Opinion
If it was turning over but just not starting I would say that it was the muffler bearings, but seeing as how there is nothing going on,, maybe your key delaminated.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Nickel said:
:yeahthat: If that's not it, it's probably the sprike pulls. PM Tigger, she might have a few extra laying around you could borrow. :yay:
Those sprike pulls are tricky little things!