How to curb sweets?

johnson0424

I am a sweet addict and everytime after a meal I have to have something sweet..any suggestions on how to curb this addiction?

Vrock

It's not that serious
Just don't do it... or eat some sugar free jello... after a week or so of being sugar free your body won't even want it anymore :).

Good luck!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I read somewhere that craving sweets is your body's way of telling you that you need water. :yay:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
*heavysigh* I really wish I had something smart ass-ed to say right now, but I am having a tough time with my dietary schematics all around right now... so, I'll just say, more power to you :clap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
johnson0424 said:
I am a sweet addict and everytime after a meal I have to have something sweet..any suggestions on how to curb this addiction?
Have just a bite instead of the whole thing. I'm trying to lose a few pounds and, unfortunately, we eat out a lot. So Larry (my husband) will have the steak and I'll have the fish and steamed veggies, then I'll just take a bite of his to satisfy my craving.

meangirl

Nice lady!
vraiblonde said:
Have just a bite instead of the whole thing. I'm trying to lose a few pounds and, unfortunately, we eat out a lot. So Larry (my husband) will have the steak and I'll have the fish and steamed veggies, then I'll just take a bite of his to satisfy my craving.

Speaking of dieting... My sister in law started taking this pill called Fastin (sp?) a month ago. I just saw her the other day and OMG! :faint:

She has lost over 30 lbs already. I'd say she only needed to lose maybe 15 and is skinny as a rail.

I think I'll get me some. :killingme

crabcake

meangirl said:
Speaking of dieting... My sister in law started taking this pill called Fastin (sp?) a month ago. I just saw her the other day and OMG! :faint:

She has lost over 30 lbs already. I'd say she only needed to lose maybe 15 and is skinny as a rail.

I think I'll get me some. :killingme

Isn't that a form of Phentermine? Make sure she doesn't keel over. :faint:

meangirl

Nice lady!
crabcake said:

I don't know honestly. I'll tell you what though...if you make it through a month or so you shouldn't need it after that. :lol:

crabcake

meangirl said:
I don't know honestly. I'll tell you what though...if you make it through a month or so you shouldn't need it after that. :lol:

I think it was the long-term effects of Fen-Phen that caused it to be removed from the market.

meangirl

Nice lady!
crabcake said:
I think it was the long-term effects of Fen-Phen that caused it to be removed from the market.

Oh. So Fastin is Fen-Phen? Dayum, I just found a place online to order it too. :ohwell:

Pandora

Side effects include diarrhea, dry mouth, constipation, an unpleasant taste, hives, impotence, palpitations, high blood pressure, and fast heart rates. Central nervous system side effects include overstimulation, insomnia, restlessness, tremor, and dizziness.

I have a question. "Overstimulation" of what? :confused:

meangirl

Nice lady!
Pandora said:
Side effects include diarrhea, dry mouth, constipation, an unpleasant taste, hives, impotence, palpitations, high blood pressure, and fast heart rates. Central nervous system side effects include overstimulation, insomnia, restlessness, tremor, and dizziness.

I have a question. "Overstimulation" of what? :confused:

Well, I could deal with those side effects for a month. :shrug: Crabcake has me scared to order it now though. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
meangirl said:
Speaking of dieting... My sister in law started taking this pill called Fastin (sp?) a month ago. I just saw her the other day and OMG! ngme
Fastin

Appetite suppression isn't my problem. My problem is that we have too many social occasions where food and beer are part of the deal. My grandmother always taught me, "You diet at home" and that's so ingrained that I would never dream of insulting my hostess by nibbling carrot sticks instead of whatever she slaved on over a hot stove.

Plus I like to cook - my happy childhood memories are of houses that smelled like homemade bread and chicken gravy, and I love it when my kids come home and go, "YUM! What IS that???"

So now I just have a bite and eat a Lean Cuisine for my real meal. And my SIL, who is a fabulous cook, accommodates me with turkey in addition to the ham or steaks she's feeding everyone else.

9 effortless pounds gone so far. :yay:

Pandora

meangirl said:
Well, I could deal with those side effects for a month. :shrug: Crabcake has me scared to order it now though. :lol:

I'm taking another drug as you well know from another thread in another forum. In a matter of 3 days I've lost 7 lbs. The thing is, the side effects never mentioned acid reflux, nor was the goal of the medication losing weight, but

I called the doctor today and felt like a total dork. He said are you having headaches? NO Racing heart beat? NO Dizzy? No more than normal and a few other questions. He said a “few” of his patients have experienced this and it may or may not go away.

In a round about way he basically said if I was under weight there would be a concern but since I’m not, we’ve got a way to go before it becomes a concern.

Side effects very from one person to another so.... I wouldn't base taking a drug or not on the fact that maybe 2% of all users of the drug experienced those side effects.

Vrai WTG on the weight loss. :yay:

meangirl

Nice lady!
Pandora said:
I'm taking another drug as you well know from another thread in another forum. In a matter of 3 days I've lost 7 lbs. The thing is, the side effects never mentioned acid reflux, nor was the goal of the medication losing weight, but

I called the doctor today and felt like a total dork. He said are you having headaches? NO Racing heart beat? NO Dizzy? No more than normal and a few other questions. He said a “few” of his patients have experienced this and it may or may not go away.

In a round about way he basically said if I was under weight there would be a concern but since I’m not, we’ve got a way to go before it becomes a concern.

Side effects very from one person to another so.... I wouldn't base taking a drug or not on the fact that maybe 2% of all users of the drug experienced those side effects.

Vrai WTG on the weight loss. :yay:

Yes, WTG Vrai on the weight loss. I am just not that strong of a person...especially not at home.

I see what you mean Pandora. I am going to go ahead and order it. I just told my husband...at least if I have a heart attack or whatever and die...I'll look good in my coffin. I told him to take my dead body to the tanning bed then bury me in a bikini! :lmao:

M

missperky

crabcake said:

Yes it is, I have a prescription of Fastin in my cabinet, I will never use it again.