How about we ask the audience….

Is it ok to grab a pork chop at a party and eat it without utensils?

• Sure

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • No, that is rude and very Neanderthal.

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Well, I want to just grab it and tear into it, but since I’m at a party, I’ll use utensils.

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Really depends on the party.. if it's indoors, seating.. then use a plate fork and knife.. if you are at our house, and the BBQ's going.. fend for yourself.. We had a blast Saturday, just set the pork out on the table and people just tore into it.. bunch of neandrathals..

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
itsbob said:
Really depends on the party.. if it's indoors, seating.. then use a plate fork and knife.. if you are at our house, and the BBQ's going.. fend for yourself..
:yeahthat:

morganj614

itsbob said:
Really depends on the party.. if it's indoors, seating.. then use a plate fork and knife.. if you are at our house, and the BBQ's going.. fend for yourself.. We had a blast Saturday, just set the pork out on the table and people just tore into it.. bunch of neandrathals..

And used an electric knife without turning it on :lmao: BBQ's...use fingers. Sit down meals...use utensils.

onebdzee

off the shelf
morganj614 said:
And used an electric knife without turning it on :lmao: BBQ's...use fingers. Sit down meals...use utensils.

:yeahthat:

I would also like to add that my youngest used a fork to stab that butt....and he would've been the first one to just grab at it at home(he told me that he was "with strangers" and "was being polite":biggrin:)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Eating ribs and chicken with your fingers in a casual setting is acceptable - utensils are just pretentious.

Steak and pork chops, however, require a knife and fork. Cut off a bite, place it in your mouth, close your lips, chew, swallow, repeat. Biting off part of what's on your fork is never acceptable under any circumstances when you are in public.

In a more formal setting, utensils are to be used with everything, even french fries. If your hostess is so uncouth as to serve messy finger food at a formal event, make a great show of using said utensils and embarrass her for the barbarian she is.

W

Wenchy

At B and T's BBQ, I felt perfectly comfortable slicing the meat ( with an unplugged electric knife ) placing the pork on my plate with a fork, dousing it with sauce, and then eating the pork off of my plate with my fingers.

It all depends on the setting.

My children use their utensils, but when I'm serving ribs I need to remind my son to pick it up and get his fingers dirty. He has no problem with KFC. :lol:

What's better than sucking the BBQ sauce off of your fingers in between bites? :really:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Unless I am at a formal sit down dinner, I will pick it up and just eat it. Now as far as the formal sit down is concerned, I will not even pick up my roll with my hand to take a bit. I had to go through a formal class on what to do and not to do while dining. Believe it or not.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
If I am at home, the only rule is that there are no rules! Except maybe watch your fingers around my plate!!! :lmao:

D

dems4me

Porkchop is a fork and knife event, but Pizza's throws me sometimes. :lol: I'm usually not sure and if other folks are eating it with their hands I do too so I don't make them feel rouge or anything or have me stand out as a snob :lol: Then again, I prefer to eat Speghetti with a fork and a spoon. :shrug:

SamSpade

Funny, this reminds me of a joke I heard as a kid, where Dad invites the boss home for dinner. They're having pork chops, and there's ONE chop left over on the plate in the middle of the table.

Suddenly the lights go out - and there's a loud scream.

When the lights come on again, everyone has their fork in the boss's HAND (which is on the last chop).

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
dems4me said:
Porkchop is a fork and knife event, but Pizza's throws me sometimes. :lol: I'm usually not sure and if other folks are eating it with their hands I do too so I don't make them feel rouge or anything or have me stand out as a snob :lol: Then again, I prefer to eat Speghetti with a fork and a spoon. :shrug:

People laugh at me because I always eat my pizza with a fork.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
dems4me said:
Pizza's throws me sometimes.
Pizza is a casual food and it's acceptable to eat it with your hands. UNLESS it's really sloppy, fall-apart pizza - then you should use a fork.

:missmanners: