Going to Jackson

Dukesdad

The wife wasn't watching me close enough and I bought another bike just like the one I have. A 1981 Yamaha XS 1100 Midnight Special with 15,000 miles. Why just like the other one? Cuz I like it and I want the fairing and bags on one and the other naked. :lmao:
I'm flying to Jackson Tennassee Saturday and riding back over the weekend. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
834 miles, take your time.

There was one of those in Motovations when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

duke'sdad said:
The wife wasn't watching me close enough and I bought another bike just like the one I have. A 1981 Yamaha XS 1100 Midnight Special with 15,000 miles. Why just like the other one? Cuz I like it and I want the fairing and bags on one and the other naked. :lmao:
I'm flying to Jackson Tennassee Saturday and riding back over the weekend. Wish me luck.
I think with two identical bikes a spare parts bike might be in order. :lmao:

Dukesdad

aps45819 said:
834 miles, take your time.

There was one of those in Motovations when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

That was mine. They were checking valve clearances and synching the carbs. Took a while but it runs very well; I thought it took off before but now it really snatches ya. They dinged my tank moving it but Dan is going to fix it for me this fall. All in all, I'm very happy with the work and the charges.

Dukesdad

desertrat said:
I think with two identical bikes a spare parts bike might be in order. :lmao:

I think I'll float that past her while on the road home; see if I still have somewhere to sleep when I get there.

Dukesdad

They treated me very well. I exchanged some e-mail with you last year and meant to drop by A&W to meet some of the folks but didn't make it last year. Have you started the Friday's there again?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
duke'sdad said:
They treated me very well. I exchanged some e-mail with you last year and meant to drop by A&W to meet some of the folks but didn't make it last year. Have you started the Friday's there again?
Yep, we're going to be a Momma Leons in the same shopping center this Friday about 6:00

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Hey I used to have one of those too. My XS was "sportified" with aftermarket seat, bars, rims and tires, 4 into 1 header, supertrap muffler, cam and 40mm mikunis. Blazing fast in a straight line but made you pucker up if you tried to take it around a corner. Never did figure out what was wrong with the front end. I just slowed down to 10MPH anytime I wanted to make a turn.

:lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
duke'sdad said:
I think I'll float that past her while on the road home; see if I still have somewhere to sleep when I get there.
You are in sooooooooooo much trouble. :razz:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Be safe on your way back. 40 is under construction in two areas: Nashville and Knoxville. Just a heads up and be careful right through there. Also the cops like to hide in the medians where there is a little group of trees :wink:

OH.......And you will pass Bucksnort, TN. They do have tshirts as well as other thinks Bucksnort.

Dukesdad

BS Gal said:
Did you at least warn her about what you are doing?
I told her last week if it was reasonable I would bid on it. It ended at 10:38 Sunday night and Monday she said"how much did the bike sell for?" I told her $1425 and she said "and you didn't even bid on it?" So when I said " bid on it? He!!, I bought it!" Things got a little quite. Nice to have quiet once in a while don't ya think?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
duke'sdad said:
I told her last week if it was reasonable I would bid on it. It ended at 10:38 Sunday night and Monday she said"how much did the bike sell for?" I told her $1425 and she said "and you didn't even bid on it?" So when I said " bid on it? He!!, I bought it!" Things got a little quite. Nice to have quiet once in a while don't ya think?
I can usually tell when the hubby is about to buy something cause he comes home from wherever, picks up the trailer and leaves, saying nothing. That's always my first clue.....

Dukesdad

I made it home. OK; about 875 total miles.
Just one little mishap on 40 in Nashville. The %$%^^&^*& key flew out of the ignition and went sailing down the road.
I had stopped at a Yamaha shop to get a face shield but the did not have one and sent me back down the road to a Honda dealer. I was zipping along and felt something hit me in the chest, went What the he!! was that and kept on rolling. Stopped at the Honda dealer, reached for the key and figured out what I had felt hit me. Did I mention I was on reserve? So, back to the Yamaha dealer but they don't cut keys. We were trying to get the gas cap open, (I figured I would just pull the main fuse to shut it off) when one of the guys took a screwdriver and turned the ignition off and it would not turn back on. Now, I'm thinking I am really screwed. The service manager called another Yamaha shop down the road and gave them the number off the iignition and they cut two of them. Problem was, I was stuck at the shop so the shop owner drove over and picked them up for me. I don't know the name of that shop, but they didn't charge me for the keys and Ron didn't want anything for going to pick them up. Did I mention this was after 4:00 Saturday? I left him a Benjamin and asked him to treat the shop to lunch on me for all the help.
So, If anyone down that way is looking for a shop that goes the EXtra mile, Precision Motorsports in Mt. Juliet Tennassee is one to try.
Other than that and the rain, the trip went well and the bike runs like a top. Oh ya, a big blue trash can blew out of a pickup about four car lenghts in front of me and bounched through three lanes of traffic...
The guy I bought it from said he didn't know if you twisted the throttle and held it, the pointer on the speedo would go around past the MPH on the bottom of the dial.

dp