Spray Tan

watercolor

yeah yeah
Anyone ever been to one of those places where you go in and get sprayed? My mom is going to try it out- and I told her that I hadn't heard anything about it- and wasn't sure if it turned you orange like some of the home treatments. Just was curious.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mystic Tan - I did it a few times and it was 10,000 times better than glopping it on yourself in your bathroom. The color was realistic and not orange at all.

The only thing is that you stand there in the dark tube with goggles over your eyes and hold your breath for a minute while this thing sprays you. It was kind of scary and claustrophobic.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well good- I will pass it along to her. Dunno if she is liking the idea of being a dark tube- but eh- whatever floats her boat. Maybe I will give it a whirl!

meangirl

Nice lady!
vraiblonde said:
Mystic Tan - I did it a few times and it was 10,000 times better than glopping it on yourself in your bathroom. The color was realistic and not orange at all.

The only thing is that you stand there in the dark tube with goggles over your eyes and hold your breath for a minute while this thing sprays you. It was kind of scary and claustrophobic.

:yeahthat: Is she going for a one time thing or does she plan to tan like this all summer? If all summer, I'd opt for the tanning bed.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
watercolor said:
Dunno if she is liking the idea of being a dark tube- but eh- whatever floats her boat. Maybe I will give it a whirl!
It's only dark while you have on the goggles.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
I was tanning the other day and this lady came out freaked from the Mystic Tan. She was like "OMG, WTF?!?" :lol:

Where locally has this. I'd like to try it. I'm all pastey and stuff. I wonder if the new place by CRE has it?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
pixiegirl said:
Where locally has this. I'd like to try it. I'm all pastey and stuff. I wonder if the new place by CRE has it?
I'm not sure, but my (future) SIL goes there and I could ask her. She can afford the expensive beds, unlike me - I stick to the cheapy $30/month unlimited ghetto ones. :lol: She went twice in the super stand up and looked better than me after a month. :frown:

I was going to Endless Summer off Great Mills Rd. because it was close to home. I took Jwwb's advice and switched to Tantaztic in Wildewood two weeks ago. Cheaper and definitely much better! I love the atmosphere and they have a gazillion beds. :yay:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
I'm not sure, but my (future) SIL goes there and I could ask her. She can afford the expensive beds, unlike me - I stick to the cheapy $30/month unlimited ghetto ones. :lol: She went twice in the super stand up and looked better than me after a month. :frown:

I was going to Endless Summer off Great Mills Rd. because it was close to home. I took Jwwb's advice and switched to Tantaztic in Wildewood two weeks ago. Cheaper and definitely much better! I love the atmosphere and they have a gazillion beds. :yay:

They have the spray stuff? I ain't cookin' myself! :razz:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Chasey_Lane said:

And you can tan on your lunch break if ya want :yay: Glad you like it Chasey.

I will never go to another place to tan. I need to get my big butt up there and start tanning again.

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I liked the process, but not the result. I got darker and darker as the day progressed and by bedtime, I looked like an oompa loompa!!! I'll stick to my Neutrogena Micromist Sunless Tanning Spray. :yay:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
To those of you who are going to use the Mystic tan and are not fully aware of it, you should exfoliate your entire body with a nice scrub before you go in. You do NOT want to put on any type of lotion before going because the lotion will clog your pores and not allow the spray to do what it is designed for.

Jameo

What?!
Chasey_Lane said:

I used to go to Endless Summer when I tanned. I really liked that place :shrug: