Watch those bushes!

I got a real close look at a buzzard this a.m. :jameo: Damn thing took off from the bushes on the side of the road and flew right in front of me about shoulder level then tried to get out of my way while I braked and ducked behind the wind screen. Wonder what it's like to hit one of those at 50mph? Probably knock you right out!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
A few years ago I was heading to VA, riding on 234 past Budds Creek. A quail flushed from the side of the road and hit me in the face shield. Real glad I had on a full face helmet at the time. I had a bag bungeed on the passenger seat and I think that's the only thing that kept me from going off the back of the bike.
All I could see was blood so I pulled over to see who's it was. :lol: It was the birds, had a sore neck for a while.

jbooty

Never had an incident like that, but, i did have a hornet hit me in the chest.. when i swatted at it, it ended up IN my shirt.. I got stung on my boob and my back.. that sucked!!.. LOL I don't wear tank tops while riding anymore now..

Vince

desertrat said:
I got a real close look at a buzzard this a.m. :jameo: Damn thing took off from the bushes on the side of the road and flew right in front of me about shoulder level then tried to get out of my way while I braked and ducked behind the wind screen. Wonder what it's like to hit one of those at 50mph? Probably knock you right out!
If one of those Turkey Buzzards can put a hole in the leading edge of an aircraft wing, imagine what it will do to your windscreen. :yikes:

aps45819 said:
A few years ago I was heading to VA, riding on 234 past Budds Creek. A quail flushed from the side of the road and hit me in the face shield. Real glad I had on a full face helmet at the time. I had a bag bungeed on the passenger seat and I think that's the only thing that kept me from going off the back of the bike.
All I could see was blood so I pulled over to see who's it was. :lol: It was the birds, had a sore neck for a while.
At least yours would have been good eatin'. I heard those buzzards taste like crap. :lmao:

jbooty said:
Never had an incident like that, but, i did have a hornet hit me in the chest.. when i swatted at it, it ended up IN my shirt.. I got stung on my boob and my back.. that sucked!!.. LOL I don't wear tank tops while riding anymore now..
I got a bee in the chest once. I think I just actually came up behind him fast enough to ram his little stinger in 'cause as soon as I felt him hit me he was gone.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
desertrat said:
I got a bee in the chest once. I think I just actually came up behind him fast enough to ram his little stinger in 'cause as soon as I felt him hit me he was gone.
Used to know a guy that carried a bee around in his jacket pocket. If he got stopped for speeding, he'd get off the bike and hop around till the cop came up. Then he'd whip out the bee and explain his didn't notice his speed because the bee was crawling around inside his jacket stinging him.

Worked till the bee dried up and crumbled when he pulled it out :lol:

desertrat said:

My father was stung in the lip by a hornet while riding. His lip swelled up so bad and his throat started closing up. He ended up in the emergency room. :ohwell: