Vrai, I have a professional question

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Miss I use to be a hair dresser.... I think it's been about 4 weeks since my hair was colored. I use to get my hair highlighted at the salon every 4 weeks because it grows so fast and I can't stand "roots". Well, I have "roots" and I can't stand them. With two pigs and zero time I just don't have time to go to the salon every 4-8 weeks for color. With it blonde 8 weeks is too long to wait.

I'm going to be brave and go to Sally's and pick up some color and take it back to brown.... I assume since I use to get it done every 4 weeks at the salon and that Sally's is salon grade stuff that it's safe for my hair?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
Spend the money and go back to brown via a professional.

I don't have the time. Family picture day is Saturday. :lmao: I'm going to go medium brown; not full throttle natural. It's super healthy so I'm thinking the worst I can do is botch the color which will force me to call in sick and seek professional help.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sally's is salon-grade stuff and perfectly fine for your hair.

BUT. Depending on what color your hair is now and how much highlighting you have in it, the color you choose may not be the color you get. Plus, even if you choose a shade closest to your natural color, it won't match exactly because it will have gold or other tones that your natural color doesn't have and you'll still get roots.

If you want to go back to your natural color, I'd buy a temporary hair color. That way it will fade as your natural color grows out, then you do a temp again, and keep doing that until you're all grown out and your hair fades back to natural.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
Sally's is salon-grade stuff and perfectly fine for your hair.

BUT. Depending on what color your hair is now and how much highlighting you have in it, the color you choose may not be the color you get. Plus, even if you choose a shade closest to your natural color, it won't match exactly because it will have gold or other tones that your natural color doesn't have and you'll still get roots.

If you want to go back to your natural color, I'd buy a temporary hair color. That way it will fade as your natural color grows out, then you do a temp again, and keep doing that until you're all grown out and your hair fades back to natural.

I did the skunk do. The top is dark blonde. Pretty much uniform in color. Dark Ash Blonde. The underneath of my hair is the natural brunette. I was thinking a medium brown. It's summer time and I'll be out in the sun some going back to dark brown would be a waste as it would surely fade very quickly. I'll wait till fall for that.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
I did the skunk do. The top is dark blonde. Pretty much uniform in color. Dark Ash Blonde. The underneath of my hair is the natural brunette. I was thinking a medium brown. It's summer time and I'll be out in the sun some going back to dark brown would be a waste as it would surely fade very quickly. I'll wait till fall for that.
:howdy: I went back to dark brown and have spent a good amount in the sun with no fading. Redken UV Rescue. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pixiegirl said:
I did the skunk do.
For two-tone hair, I would definitely get it professionally done and not try to do it yourself.

I'm trying to remember my color-correction - if hair is ash, can you put gold on it and neutralize it? Or do you have to stay in the same tone family? Do a Google search for "color correction" and see what you come up with.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
For two-tone hair, I would definitely get it professionally done and not try to do it yourself.

I'm trying to remember my color-correction - if hair is ash, can you put gold on it and neutralize it? Or do you have to stay in the same tone family? Do a Google search for "color correction" and see what you come up with.

Two tone as in the entire top of my head is one color and the underneath is another. I don't have highlights or frosting of any kind. It's a very dark blonde; I'd actually almost classify it as a light brown but the color on the bottle was dark ash blonde.

I had it professionally bleached and toned. It was VERY strawberry blonde. Ick. I couldn't stand it. I secretly went to Sally's and talked to the girl there and got an ION toner in the dark ash blonde. 20 developer and left it on for 25 minutes. The results were perfect. That was a week out. I lied to her and told her it had been 2 weeks but I couldn't take the redness in my hair.

I'll goggle color correction for poops and giggles and see what comes up. I'm not unhappy with the current color I just have roots. I didn't think about the time it would take to maintain said blonde hair with the rate my hair grows. I do not have the confidence to bleach my hair myself. Darken it, tone it, yes. Bleach, a big hell no! :lmao:

L

ladylara

:worthless :razz:

good luck!!!! i'd make an appt with a pro for tomorrow or friday, just in case! you can always cancel if it turns out good!

nomoney

ladylara said:
:worthless :razz:

good luck!!!! i'd make an appt with a pro for tomorrow or friday, just in case! you can always cancel if it turns out good!

:confused: Didn't you JUST say that you were going to keep you trap shut from now on ? :confused:

L

ladylara

nomoney said:
:confused: Didn't you JUST say that you were going to keep you trap shut from now on ? :confused:
nah - just in that thread.

hmmm... *ponders if it's nomoney leaving me the yuck in karma*