We are almost back to normal(pre 9/11)

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Can you feel it? Do you see it? We are almost back to normal. The polititians are at each others throats, the flags that were flying so proudly a few months ago are faded and torn, newspapers are now focused on how they can bring the President down because of a photo used to raise money, Hillary is throwing rocks at the Republicans when infact it was her loving husband that blew it, and the final epesode of friends is more important than reports on the war and people have just stopped being nice to one another.
The more things change the more things stay the same. This is just what the terrorists knew would happen
I will not be surprised when we get smacked again.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not Mine!

I just had my husband replace the flag on my antenna because it was faded and close to threadbare.

James D

When you said Clinton 'blew it' was that a joke, or just the way it came out?

Seriously,

How funny was it to see Hiliary demanding that 'the president answer questions so the american people can know what happen and have all of the facts'.

Am I the only one who saw the irony?

Y

yornoc

Originally posted by chuckster
Can you feel it? Do you see it? We are almost back to normal. The polititians are at each others throats, the flags that were flying so proudly a few months ago are faded and torn, newspapers are now focused on how they can bring the President down because of a photo used to raise money, Hillary is throwing rocks at the Republicans when infact it was her loving husband that blew it, and the final epesode of friends is more important than reports on the war and people have just stopped being nice to one another.
The more things change the more things stay the same. This is just what the terrorists knew would happen
I will not be surprised when we get smacked again.

Last week one of my co-workers asked me if "we still have troops in Afghanistan". When I told her yes, her reply was How come I don't hear anything about it on the news? I guess it does appear that we are back to normal...If one can determine what normal is.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bruzilla

Well... I for one am glad that things are getting back to normal. Changing the way that Americans act, for better or for worse, was the main goal of the terrorists. That we're not hiding in our homes, palayzed with fear, is exactly what the terrorists do not want.

I'm still seeing a lot of flags, and "normal" people still seem to be nice to one another. I do have to agree that the politicians in DC have reverted back to their worst behaviors, but let's face it... who thinks they ever really changed anyway? I think all of the "Come Together" BS in DC was just for show.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I had a couple folks around me that had those worn and tattered flags as well. For less than 5$ I picked up some replacements at Walmart and handed them to them.

I don't like looking at the fading flags either.

jimmy

Drunkard
Yeah it was fun to imagine partisan politics taking a back seat for a time. But, right on cue, now you've got mudslinging on BOTH sides again and it's really just sad to see how quickly all that crap can just sprout back up again. All the accusations, and counters, and fingerpointing; it's just disgusting. And don't get me wrong, I certainly am talking about the Dem's as well...especailly recently.

But as far as getting back to 'normal' how can any of us really do that with all these vague warnings coming from members of the government that we should be looking to for answers and reassurance? I'm not so sure all these "warnings" are such a great idea.

Just tell Americans to be vigilant and mindful, but not put everyone on the edge of their seat; the average american has no idea what to do with that information except have his/her anxiety levels raised...

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
I don't pay no mind to the warnings! What can happen down here in Chuck County! The only time we get on the news is if something bad happens here (like the tornado).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
With the recent allegations of "what did he know and when did he know it" I imagine the Bush crew is on massive CYA at this point. If some threat comes across his desk that has even the remotest possibility of happening, they'll issue warnings.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Last edited:

jimmy

Drunkard
"Much as I hate to agree with Jimmy on anything I think he's right about the effect."

Gee....imagine that!? A liberal that doesn't come down on his party side on EVERY single issue? Holy crap!---That's not towing the line, is it??? I better change my viewpoint before I lose MY membership card...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jimmy
Gee....imagine that!? A liberal that doesn't come down on his party side on EVERY single issue? Holy crap!---That's not towing the line, is it??? I better change my viewpoint before I lose MY membership card...

Ahhhhhhh! I'm not so sure you didn't read it in George Wills column and appropriate it to throw us off track!

:lol: