Patuxent River fishing tips and free fishing tackle

HammerII

Bill Curry has been asked to speak at Monday's night (May 6th,7pm sharp) Southern Maryland CCA meeting held in Hughesville. Everone gets together at the American Legion Post just east of the intersection of Rt.231 and Rt 5. I copied his response from another board to post here for everone. It's a free meeting and open to the public. This should be a great time to brush up on where the fish are hanging at and how to catch them with out breaking the budget on fishing gear.

I had to promise to tell all of my hot spots and how I fish them.

Well folks I'm going to go one better then that. Not only will I tell where, I'll tell why and how. This stuff applies to not just the Patuxent but just about any place you can think of fishing.

What, not enough to get you off the couch!!

Well what if I tell you the wife caught me trying to sneak a new tackle box into the house and told me enough. Now I've got to clean out my rigs and lures and I'm going to be handing them out. That's right the same stuff I catch fish on, I will be handing out. My bad luck is going to be your good luck, so I can add some new stuff to try out this year.

Want to catch flounder in the Patuxent? I've got a rig to go with the places

Want to catch sea trout in the Patuxent? Got that covered.

Want to catch horse croaker in the Patuxent? Got that covered

Want to catch Rockfish in the Patuxent? Got that covered

Want to catch smallmouth in the Patuxent? Got that covered

Want to catch a few rainbows in the Patuxent? Got that covered.

Want to find a fish that pound for pound can out fight a marlin?

Ain't got a boat and need a few good shore spots for fish? Got that covered

Think bucktails are just for trolling? Think again

Want to know where to go and what works? Stop in get some tackle, take a few notes, or bring your map.

JoyceD

I have something eating my Catalpa tree and internet search ways it could be a "Catawpa worm" which makes good fishing. I'm trying to find out & if anyone would like to harvest them.

foosballpaul

Where are you located and when do you want me to come remove the Caltapa Worms? And, yes they are great bait and you can freeze them for later use.

T

toconnor

Patuxent River Fishing Spots

Bill Curry has been asked to speak at Monday's night (May 6th,7pm sharp) Southern Maryland CCA meeting held in Hughesville. Everone gets together at the American Legion Post just east of the intersection of Rt.231 and Rt 5. I copied his response from another board to post here for everone. It's a free meeting and open to the public. This should be a great time to brush up on where the fish are hanging at and how to catch them with out breaking the budget on fishing gear.

I had to promise to tell all of my hot spots and how I fish them.

Well folks I'm going to go one better then that. Not only will I tell where, I'll tell why and how. This stuff applies to not just the Patuxent but just about any place you can think of fishing.

What, not enough to get you off the couch!!

Well what if I tell you the wife caught me trying to sneak a new tackle box into the house and told me enough. Now I've got to clean out my rigs and lures and I'm going to be handing them out. That's right the same stuff I catch fish on, I will be handing out. My bad luck is going to be your good luck, so I can add some new stuff to try out this year.

Want to catch flounder in the Patuxent? I've got a rig to go with the places

Want to catch sea trout in the Patuxent? Got that covered.

Want to catch horse croaker in the Patuxent? Got that covered

Want to catch Rockfish in the Patuxent? Got that covered

Want to catch smallmouth in the Patuxent? Got that covered

Want to catch a few rainbows in the Patuxent? Got that covered.

Want to find a fish that pound for pound can out fight a marlin?

Ain't got a boat and need a few good shore spots for fish? Got that covered

Think bucktails are just for trolling? Think again

Want to know where to go and what works? Stop in get some tackle, take a few notes, or bring your map.

Bill Curry,

I have two young boys who want to catch some fish, can you please contact me with the answers to the fishing spots listed above and what tackle you use? We want to fish the Patuxent sometimes vs. the Bay due to the winds, we have a small 17' boat and can't find any "HOT SPOTS" on the Patuxent. Thank you for your help.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Bill Curry,

I have two young boys who want to catch some fish, can you please contact me with the answers to the fishing spots listed above and what tackle you use? We want to fish the Patuxent sometimes vs. the Bay due to the winds, we have a small 17' boat and can't find any "HOT SPOTS" on the Patuxent. Thank you for your help.

Did you notice that the post you quoted was 5 yrs old??

slaphappynmd

Bill Curry,

Eh 17' should be fine on the bay, I've been out there on a 14' and never had a problem.