quad cab trucks

charger383

hey all, i have a baby on the way and im looking to get rid of the avenger for a quad cab truck. any ideas on a good one? im looking into a 4x4 dakota quad cab, whatcha think?

Mikeinsmd

charger383 said:
hey all, i have a baby on the way and im looking to get rid of the avenger for a quad cab truck. any ideas on a good one? im looking into a 4x4 dakota quad cab, whatcha think?
I have the full size Sport. Great truck but 11 mpg..... :faint:

onebdzee

off the shelf
charger383 said:

Love my little dakota quad cab....lots of room!....I got the V-6, no 4x4, full loaded....get 26 mpg(at last check)

and it's orange :biggrin:

charger383

yeah its gonna be a big shocker going from 26mpg down to less than 15 but o well, i need something big and safe for my baby! ill prolly be getting a new one within the next couple of months.

o yeah thank you for the quick replies.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I rented one a couple of years ago, and it was a good ride. My wife didn't like it, but who cares what chicks think?

charger383

i do i dont want her complainig anytime we go anywhere, i will go insane!!!! ill put a tv in it and keep her ocupied(sp)

MMDad

Lem Putt
charger383 said:
i do i dont want her complainig anytime we go anywhere, i will go insane!!!! ill put a tv in it and keep her ocupied(sp)
:lmao: :killingme I know, I was being sarcastic. She didn't mind riding, she just didn't like sitting hi up while driving.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Please, for the sake of the mother who has to lug a baby and a heavy car seat, don't get a truck that sits too high up off the ground. Those babies get heavy fast, and trying to lift up a carseat into the base is difficult to begin with. Add in extra height and it is downright near impossible. I'd advise that you take a carseat with you - along with a 20lb bag of potatoes - when testdriving any truck that you are considering buying. Might seem like a stupid idea, but you'll soon find out how heavy those kids get.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
charger383 said:
yeah its gonna be a big shocker going from 26mpg down to less than 15 but o well, i need something big and safe for my baby!
:yay: you'll need that 4wd with all the snow we get here.

charger383

well i guess ill just have to go out and get one of them lowriders!! nah, she has a cavileer that she will use, this is for me. i dont want a baby in my small unsafe sporty car. if i get hit by anything other than a fly my car would crumble.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
charger383 said:
well i guess ill just have to go out and get one of them lowriders!! nah, she has a cavileer that she will use, this is for me. i dont want a baby in my small unsafe sporty car. if i get hit by anything other than a fly my car would crumble.
:bs: Your wife and kid will be in the cavilier.
Sounds like you're jealous of all the attention your wife is getting so you feel the need for a new toy.

charger383

shhhh....... she might hear us..... her idea to get the truck and get rid of my avenger, id like to keep it but o well.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
charger383 said:
..... her idea to get the truck and get rid of my avenger, id like to keep it but o well.
I've had a few trucks and always got rid of them because I didn't like the way they handled. Unless you haul a lot of crap often, they just don't seem to be worth the extra gas they use. Currently have a Subaru Outback wagon. Plenty of aftermarket support to turn it into a real screamer it you want, can still throw sheets of plywood on the stock roof rack and plenty of covered carrying capacity with the back seat folded down.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I have an 03 F150 SuperCrew 4x4, I get about 15-16 mpg here in town, and Ive stretched out 22 highway (like going to Ocean City, Dhalgren, Baltimore) I LOVE IT....and there are few new ones that are real nice looking also...

But me personally, Id go FORD, but if you want better gas mileage, look at the Toyo Tundra or the Nissan Titan...if your not, Id go with either Ford or Chevy :yay:

BadGirl said:
Please, for the sake of the mother who has to lug a baby and a heavy car seat, don't get a truck that sits too high up off the ground. Those babies get heavy fast, and trying to lift up a carseat into the base is difficult to begin with. Add in extra height and it is downright near impossible. I'd advise that you take a carseat with you - along with a 20lb bag of potatoes - when testdriving any truck that you are considering buying. Might seem like a stupid idea, but you'll soon find out how heavy those kids get.
Not too high, but not so low you have to bend over while getting the kid in and out either. That's rough on the back.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
BadGirl said:

Quit your WIIIININ. monster trucks rule:yay:

01mds10

steve? is that you. this is burke. sucks your gonna hve to get rid of the avenger, but youstill have your daytona!!

as for truck, i see your a dodge man so i would just lookin one weekend with your girlfriend and see what she thinks. if you get 2wd, i can lower it for ya!! :p

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
A Tocoma get's really great gas mileage.....haven't heard anyone complain about one yet..........I have one and LOVE it!