Antiques??

Tina2001aniT

My grandmother passed away in January leaving a ton of antiques, we are now trying to "get rid" of alot of them, does anybody have any ideas on the best way to do that? We are having a yard sale with alot of her stuff that isn't being taken by a family member, but just don't feel that the cool antiques she has will do well there

Any help will be greatly appreciated

nomoney

Tina2001aniT said:
My grandmother passed away in January leaving a ton of antiques, we are now trying to "get rid" of alot of them, does anybody have any ideas on the best way to do that? We are having a yard sale with alot of her stuff that isn't being taken by a family member, but just don't feel that the cool antiques she has will do well there

Any help will be greatly appreciated

what sort of stuff?

Tina2001aniT

nomoney said:
what sort of stuff?

I couldn't even begin to list the stuff....

some furniture, not alot though
a TON of books from like 1906ish
Paintings from that same era, and lots of just little collectables, like the old banks, and a bunch of the old like retail items is the best I can explain it....Let me see what I can do this weekend about getting some pictures of some of the stuff, I swear it is unbelievable the amount of NICE stuff she had.....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Tina2001aniT said:

Paintings from that same era, and lots of just little collectables, like the old banks, and a bunch of the old like retail items is the best I can explain it....Let me see what I can do this weekend about getting some pictures of some of the stuff, I swear it is unbelievable the amount of NICE stuff she had.....

Private viewing?

nomoney

Tina2001aniT said:

Can I look through the old books? Or could you give me a list of the titles???

Tina2001aniT

RoseRed said:
Private viewing?

Let me talk to my mom and see what we can do, I know she wants to get rid of it, and is just lost as to what to do with it, let me see if I can get some of you in there to go through it.

NoMoney, we can definately hook up sometime and go through the books, I will let you know, How is Sunday looking for you?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Tina2001aniT said:
Let me talk to my mom and see what we can do, I know she wants to get rid of it, and is just lost as to what to do with it, let me see if I can get some of you in there to go through it.

NoMoney, we can definately hook up sometime and go through the books, I will let you know, How is Sunday looking for you?
:yay:

Tina2001aniT

CMC122 said:
I think a private forumite sale is in order:yay:

Or just PM us the address for the yardsale:yay:

I am working with my momma on this, it is looking like a private forumite sale will be the first thing to happen....

morganj614

Tina2001aniT said:

Any pottery or old glass?

redhead77

Tina2001aniT said:
I am working with my momma on this, it is looking like a private forumite sale will be the first thing to happen....

After the forumite sale you could also try contacting some of the vendors at the Antique Mall in Leonardtown (next to the dance studio) and they may be interested in a lot of what you have described.