"Dog Whisperer" Sued Over Animal Cruelty Claims

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
A T-V producer claims his Labrador retriever was injured after being choked with a collar and forced to run on a treadmill at Cesar Millan's Dog Psychology Center.

In a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles, Flody Suarez says he dropped his pet off at the facility because the dog was skittish around strangers. Hours later, Suarez says, a worker called him to say five-year-old Gator had been rushed to a veterinarian.

The lawsuit says Suarez found the dog bleeding from the mouth and nose, gasping for breath in an oxygen tent, with severe bruising to his thighs.

Suarez, the producer of the T-V show "Eight Simple Rules," says he spent at least 25-thousand dollars on medical bills and the dog still needs surgery.

The National Geographic Channel, which airs Millan's show, declined comment.

:lalala: I dont know what to think?!?!?!

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Somdmommy said:

Sounds to me like there's a bit more behind the story than the article contains; and I'd be interested in seeing it before passing judgement. Millan seems to have a stellar record, and this isn't exactly par for the course with regard to his style.

Somdmommy

Club'nBabySeals said:
Sounds to me like there's a bit more behind the story than the article contains; and I'd be interested in seeing it before passing judgement. Millan seems to have a stellar record, and this isn't exactly par for the course with regard to his style.
My first thought was "maybe that guys dog got into a fight with Cesars dogs"

Somdmommy

Anyone who has watched the show once knows why the dog was on a treadmill! (to use us his energy)

As far as the dog bleeding and all that: I cant see him doing that to an animal, none of his dogs are scared of him. If he beat animals when they showed his pack on the show they would not be all over him, they would be scared and we would be able to see it.

A

angelphish

There have been many rumors about Cesar. Once you're in the public eye your open to the critics.

Sadysue

Somdmommy said:
Anyone who has watched the show once knows why the dog was on a treadmill! (to use us his energy)

As far as the dog bleeding and all that: I cant see him doing that to an animal, none of his dogs are scared of him. If he beat animals when they showed his pack on the show they would not be all over him, they would be scared and we would be able to see it.

I think you've made a very good point. I think this was probably an unfortunate accident. Not something Ceasar was personably responsible for.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Somdmommy said:
A T-V producer claims his Labrador retriever was injured after being choked with a collar and forced to run on a treadmill at Cesar Millan's Dog Psychology Center.

In a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles, Flody Suarez says he dropped his pet off at the facility because the dog was skittish around strangers. Hours later, Suarez says, a worker called him to say five-year-old Gator had been rushed to a veterinarian.

The lawsuit says Suarez found the dog bleeding from the mouth and nose, gasping for breath in an oxygen tent, with severe bruising to his thighs.

Suarez, the producer of the T-V show "Eight Simple Rules," says he spent at least 25-thousand dollars on medical bills and the dog still needs surgery.

The National Geographic Channel, which airs Millan's show, declined comment.

Not that I am probably going to read it, but you may want to provide the link so that others may view the source of the article for themselves.... :yay: