Turkey Vultures

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Anyone know how to get rid of them? Apparently a few turkey vultures have become enamored with our pool and enjoy sitting on the top of the pool slide. They will actually stand in the water on the first step into the pool...I’m tired of cleaning vulture poop off the pool deck! :barf:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
A friend of mine had them eating the fish out of his pond. The way he got rid of them was he went out and shot one and told them very politely that he was gona shoot one a day until they did not come back. After day three they quit comming back:yay:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
citysherry said:
Turkey and Black Vultures are federally protected by the USFWS Migratory Bird Treaty Act. This means that their eradication by shooting is illegal.

It's only against the law if you get caught :killingme

citysherry

I Need a Beer
PrepH4U said:
Yes they are BUT sometimes a little paintball gun is enough to scare them away from calling a place a home :whistle:

I'm gonna try it! I'm emailing my husband to pick up paint ball gun and ammo on his way home today.

citysherry said:
Anyone know how to get rid of them? Apparently a few turkey vultures have become enamored with our pool and enjoy sitting on the top of the pool slide. They will actually stand in the water on the first step into the pool...I’m tired of cleaning vulture poop off the pool deck! :barf:
Anyone got a 'gator they could borrow? :lmao:

Pete

Repete
citysherry said:
Turkey and Black Vultures are federally protected by the USFWS Migratory Bird Treaty Act. This means that their eradication by shooting is illegal.
Don't tell anyone you shot them :dur: Dead buzzards don't talk :dead:

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Pete said:
Don't tell anyone you shot them :dur: Dead buzzards don't talk :dead:

Not me, I can't kill anything. The girlie-girlie and I run from spiders, lizzards, etc., while the tom-girl and Dad go in for the kill.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I had a problem with ducks nesting in a pool. Called DNR and they sent me some mylar tape. Red on one side, silver on the other. You streach the mylar across the pool with a couple of twists in it. Any little breeze would cause the tape to move and it looked like red flashes moving up and down the length of the tape. Kept the birds away.

Got a dog? I imagine a barking dog running around the pool would solve your problem. Something along the lines of a sheltie is what I am thinking.

Shoot them with a super duper super soaker. One of the big backpack models. Or, do you have a pressure washer? either way, I am thinking a high speed blast of water will do the trick eventually.

itsbob said:
http://www.birdbusters.com/bird_control_vulture.htm

Pay particular attention to the second paragraph, the one that talks about diseases..
The bacteria, fungal agents and parasites found in turkey vulture droppings and nests can carry a host of serious diseases, including histoplasmosis, encephalitis, salmonella, meningitis, toxoplasmosis and more. As an unpleasant bonus, turkey vultures often leave bones and carcasses to feed on around their roosting areas.
:barf: :twitch: :dead: