Fishing in Marsh

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I was riding through Anne Arundel and Upper Marlboro along Route 4 and noticed that the Marsh has grown many, many green leaves.

It is the first time I actually paid attention to this due to having gone on a cruise of the Marsh Land along Jug Bay.

I have noticed on occasion that vehicles park along the water area on Route 4 (Patuxent Wetlands) and was wondering if anybody could explain how does one fish in Marsh water that has that much green in it? It's totally covered now. TIA!

B

baswm

LexiGirl75 said:
I was riding through Anne Arundel and Upper Marlboro along Route 4 and noticed that the Marsh has grown many, many green leaves.

It is the first time I actually paid attention to this due to having gone on a cruise of the Marsh Land along Jug Bay.

I have noticed on occasion that vehicles park along the water area on Route 4 (Patuxent Wetlands) and was wondering if anybody could explain how does one fish in Marsh water that has that much green in it? It's totally covered now. TIA!

Very Carefully. :)

Some people go out with waders and a net while others just cast their line into the water.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
LexiGirl75 said:

Bass love that habitat. When I was a kid I fished backbay in VA Beach and it was loaded with wetland marsh and bass etc.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Dougstermd said:
Bass love that habitat. When I was a kid I fished backbay in VA Beach and it was loaded with wetland marsh and bass etc.
... and water moccasins

itsbob

I bowl overhand
LexiGirl75 said:

Texas Rigged Rubber worms, crawdads, lizard etc.. it's a LOT of fun. As the fish goes for the bait, you can actually watch the weeds move...

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
itsbob said:
Texas Rigged Rubber worms, crawdads, lizard etc.. it's a LOT of fun. As the fish goes for the bait, you can actually watch the weeds move...
rod, reel, hook.....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Useds to catch Pickerel in NH like this.. man can they fight.. throw the worm into the middle of the thickest weeds you can find and all hell will break loose..

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
LexiGirl75 said:
I was wondering if anybody could explain how does one fish in Marsh water that has that much green in it? It's totally covered now. TIA!
Fist thing to remember is it's called "fishing" not "catching"

LexiGirl75 said:

Well, you take your weedwacker and a fishing pole......... :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
kom526 said:
Texas rig and carolina rig=two different things. Depends on the placement of the weight. :yay:
I don't use a weight... light tackle and the weight of the worm is enough for me..

greyhound

desertrat said:
True. Just don't try to convince some people. To them any snake in the water is a water moccasin. :lmao:

So true...I tried to tell someone once and they wanted to make it an argument...I said ok...stay away from the dangerous water snakes... :killingme

I think the confussion comes from the fact that the common water snake looks like a water moccasin and will be aggressive. You know...a form of animal mimicry for protection.

greyhound said:
So true...I tried to tell someone once and they wanted to make it an argument...I said ok...stay away from the dangerous water snakes... :killingme

I think the confussion comes from the fact that the common water snake looks like a water moccasin and will be aggressive. You know...a form of animal mimicry for protection.
Yeah, the color is really close. We were getting on an airboat in FL once and the driver pointed one out that was laying in one of the tires nailed to the dock. You could tell, by the triangular head, that it was a moccasin. That's the only one I've ever seen as far as I know.