Electrostatic Air Purifiers

Warron

Does anyone have an electrostatic air purifier such as the Honeywell Environizer? If so, what is you opinion of it? I've heard that they can cause black marks on the walls from charged particles that escape the purifier. I'm thinking about getting one to save on filters and get a quieter air purifier, but can't find any good reviews. Any opinions would be appreciated.

willie

Originally posted by cariblue
I read a consumer report some time ago that said they don't work. :shrug:
I've heard the same. The filter should be at the intake in the living area anyway, not at the furnace.

Warron

I'm talking about the portable ones. Not the ones installed on a furnace. I live in an apartment and have no control over the furnace. There is a filter on the furnace intake, but it does a poor job at removing dust from the air. And it is changed every 4 months or so.

I have read many manufacturer reviews for portable electrostatic air purifiers, which state they work, but I would not expect the manufacturer to say otherwise. I have always considered Honeywell to be a quality brand though, so I would be surprised if the Environizer does not perform as stated. An objective review would be nice to have though.