Weather Alert

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
I was just made aware that there is a severe thunderstorm alert for our area, and also a flood alert. I've been trying to access the National Weather Service page to find out if it's a "watch" or a "warning", but it's jammed with users right now - so is the Weather Channel site.

Just thought everyone should know. I believe some public schools in St. Mary's County have cancelled afternoon activities in light of this news.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It's a flood watch and a tornado watch now until 9:00 PM.  NWS just reported "At 338 PM... Golfball To Slightly Larger Hail Was Reported At I - 270 And Shady Grove Road In Montgomery County."  So hold onto your hats and glasses - we're in for a bumpy ride!

Y

yornoc

I'm up in Laurel (at work) and it a sunny, humid, and otherwise beautiful day here.

If you're looking for some almost-up-to-the-minute weather reports, check out this URL :

www.my-cast.com

After a free sign up, you can use their map feature to get weather info right at your house. I'm getting reports for the lattitude and logitude that represents the end of my driveway.

You can also set up email alerts for severe weather warnings. I recieved several alerts for today's weather.

GreenHornet

Partly cloudy skies here in LP/GM.... I was expecting more rain today too. Talk about the weather guessers being wrong!

GH