Hood Scoop

charger383

well, ive put scoops on cars that requires cutting holes and such, if you get one for your tacoma it will most likely have 2-sided tape and you just slap it on. extreemly easy, just measure first to make sure it goes on straight.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I designed a hood scoop for my old Ramcharger. Diamond plate... I made it so I could open and close it while driving. Dange 4 alternators spining under the hood produces a lot of heat. I used the scoop for that

BlackedouttC

Stu Gotti™
I agree.. There is nothing more I hate than seeing people with those God aweful tape-on scoops... I am sure they have aftermarket hoods for that truck.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
BlackedouttC said:
I agree.. There is nothing more I hate than seeing people with those God aweful tape-on scoops... I am sure they have aftermarket hoods for that truck.
I wanted one for my old Ram, they did not make a steel cowl hood. I had to have steel for my CB Equipment.

I'm thinking about putting some type of blower on my Blazer :yay:

Homer J

Power Chord
mv_princess said:
Has anyone ever put one on themselves?

I did once but my wife said I looked silly, and my hats didn't fit anymore so I took it off. :razz:

(Sorry, no one else bit so I couldn't resist.)

fttrsbeerwench

When my friends did scoops, the ones that were purchased always looked better IMO. Unless you are really good at body work :shrug: Fiberglass rather than metal,unless you don't mind the weight.

I used to drive an Iroc with a 5 inch cowl induction scoop on it.. I had to have a pillow to see over the dang thing..:memories:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Floyd2004 said:
Just buy a hood with a scoop in it.

Functional and they look good.

Functional if you plan to actually use it for whats its designed for. If not you just have a hole in your hood letting in more water and debris, making a dirty engine

Floyd2004

-Void-
my hood has one center and 2 side scoops that are all functional and my engine is not that dirty, mostly from dust on dirt roads though.
Here is my hood:

Temps dropped a TINY bit on the needle but thats using the stock sensor readings...