New to Area..Car meets?

kittydrift

Hey everyone. :howdy: My name's Cat. I'm from Florida but I'm gonna be up visitin the 'rents for a few weeks in Waldorf, MD. I'm just wondering if there are weekly car meets or any kind of events. I arrive tommorrow (May 13th). Here in Tampa there is something every day of the week somewhere.
Any info would be helpful. I need something to do while I'm up there, lol.
Thanks everyone !
-Cat

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
My Viper group meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month.

PM Catt for the Corvette meets and Otter for the Mustang meetings. :yay:

bcp

In My Opinion
Its obvious that Im not quite as rich as some of you here, but I will add this anyway.

My Matchbox car club meets on sunday nights at 6:30.
Meetings are always over by 8 due to monday being a school day and most of the attendees have to get ready for bed early.

Just last week we had a 64 chevy impala,, yellow, in the lot in mint condition.
I bet its going to bring at minimum 10 bucks in resale.

dustin

UAIOE
bcp said:
Its obvious that Im not quite as rich as some of you here, but I will add this anyway.

Meetings are always over by 8 due to monday being a school day and most of the attendees have to get ready for bed early.

was it still in the packaging?

kittydrift

bcp said:

LoL.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
Hey Kitty. There's not too many good meets in the Waldorf area. I believe they meet up near the Starbucks behind Red Robins on Wednesday's starting around 8pm?

Nopi/NDRA will also be here in town at Maryland International Raceway(MIR) on the weekend of May 20-21.

Do you have pics of your car?

-Stephen

kittydrift

vanbells said:
Hey Kitty. There's not too many good meets in the Waldorf area. I believe they meet up near the Starbucks behind Red Robins on Wednesday's starting around 8pm?

Nopi/NDRA will also be here in town at Maryland International Raceway(MIR) on the weekend of May 20-21.

Do you have pics of your car?

-Stephen

do you go to those little meets at starbucks? i do have pix of my car but I didn't bring it with me. If I came I'd bring one of my parent's cars.
Maybe Ill check out the meet.

01mds10

good luck on meets with tuner cars. everyone in the area seem to frown on those who are into the "tuner car" scene. a few of us use to hang at the target on 235 in california, MD. although, cops think now that all of us are up to no good, and nothing but a bunch of hoodlumbs. so we moved to a new spot. check out www.somdracing.com my name over there is "burke"

charger383

01mds10 said:
good luck on meets with tuner cars. everyone in the area seem to frown on those who are into the "tuner car" scene. a few of us use to hang at the target on 235 in california, MD. although, cops think now that all of us are up to no good, and nothing but a bunch of hoodlumbs. so we moved to a new spot. check out www.somdracing.com my name over there is "burke"

so your one of them hoodrats huh!! j/k

--- im also on the site, daytonairoc is the name,
and wed. nights at burlington in waldork has a bunch of cars,

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
charger383 said:
so your one of them hoodrats huh!! j/k

--- im also on the site, daytonairoc is the name,
and wed. nights at burlington in waldork has a bunch of cars,
You just brought back memories of cruising in that parking lot on weekend nights. What a stupid ritual that was.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
kittydrift said:
do you go to those little meets at starbucks? i do have pix of my car but I didn't bring it with me. If I came I'd bring one of my parent's cars.
Maybe Ill check out the meet.

I've been once or twice, but I don't take pics at smaller weekly meets. I would say 30 cars max.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
01mds10 said:

I've seen a small group show up there on Wednesday nights. I usually run to Target (I hate the Target in Waldorf!!!)when class is over, but there were always st. mary's officers talking smack while sitting in their squad cars.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
01mds10 said:

My gocart was faster than the cars you guys used to have in the target parking lot :lmao:

Are yall the ones that started at Checkers, then moved to over to walmart, then target or whatever..??

charger383

Softballkid said:
My gocart was faster than the cars you guys used to have in the target parking lot :lmao:

Are yall the ones that started at Checkers, then moved to over to walmart, then target or whatever..??
id love to see your gocart go less than 12 seconds in the 1/4 incase you havnt looked into it, we have quite a bit of fast cars....
and yeah, alot of us started at checkers, but immature people that are not affiliated with our group go by and do burnouts and donuts and we get the bad rep for it.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
charger383 said:
id love to see your gocart go less than 12 seconds in the 1/4 incase you havnt looked into it, we have quite a bit of fast cars....
and yeah, alot of us started at checkers, but immature people that are not affiliated with our group go by and do burnouts and donuts and we get the bad rep for it.

No, the go cart would only run about 75....thats why I bought the crotch rocket... it would run under 12 :smile: