Crabbing season

H

hborror

Please let me know how many you got when you go out. I was gonna go last week but gotta call from a buddy that he only cought 18 crabs in a 3 hours time period. These cold nights and rains are really starting to bug me, I thought I'd be out by now. The way it looks now I wont be out til end of May.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
hborror said:
Please let me know how many you got when you go out. I was gonna go last week but gotta call from a buddy that he only cought 18 crabs in a 3 hours time period. These cold nights and rains are really starting to bug me, I thought I'd be out by now. The way it looks now I wont be out til end of May.

I didn't think anyone tried crabbing the rivers until the end of May/beginning of June?:confused:

H

hborror

Wickedwrench said:
I didn't think anyone tried crabbing the rivers until the end of May/beginning of June?:confused:

From what I read in some local papers back in April they said it could be an early season with all the warm days in April/begining of May. I don't see it now:eyebrow: I'm ready to get out, we can get up to 25 bussels a day this year and the wait is killing me.

oldman

Lobster Land
hborror said:

For me summer is fishing time and crabbing comes after the fish slow down. The white perch aren't biting as yet because the water just isn't quite warm enough but I eat them all summer and then later the crabs. Everything in it's season so I don't get tired of eating them all the time.

D

dems4me

oldman said:
For me summer is fishing time and crabbing comes after the fish slow down. The white perch aren't biting as yet because the water just isn't quite warm enough but I eat them all summer and then later the crabs. Everything in it's season so I don't get tired of eating them all the time.

:yeahthat:

BTW, hborror, it was nice meetnig you and fun fishing with you and B on Saturday :smile:

oldman

Lobster Land
hborror said:
From what I read in some local papers back in April they said it could be an early season with all the warm days in April/begining of May. I don't see it now:eyebrow: I'm ready to get out, we can get up to 25 bussels a day this year and the wait is killing me.

Question because I don't know. How can "we" get up to 25 bushels a day? I'm familiar with recreational crabbing regs but not so much the commercial aspect. I just don't want you to get into trouble because of a misunderstanding about the rules.

D

dems4me

oldman said:
Question because I don't know. How can "we" get up to 25 bushels a day? I'm familiar with recreational crabbing regs but not so much the commercial aspect. I just don't want you to get into trouble because of a misunderstanding about the rules.

I helped her :biggrin:

Just kidding :killingme

H

hborror

oldman said:

My father is commercial so when I said we, I ment my dad and myself.

Dems.....Back at ya!!!! I had fun*

H

hborror

oldman said:
hborror said:
My father is commercial so when I said we, I ment my dad and myself.

So did you go out? How did you do?

We are gonna go out for the first time on June 3rd.

If anyone went out this weekend let me know how you did.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
hborror said:
oldman said:
We are gonna go out for the first time on June 3rd.

If anyone went out this weekend let me know how you did.

Went out in the Wicomico yesterday and got 4 dozen big fat black crabs. Took the 9 yo daughter along for her rookie initiation. Would have had a bushel, but she is a rookie :whistle: . Still we both had a blast and had more than enough crabs for all of us. :yay: :yay: Might try again Monday morning. :yay:

H

hborror

gumby said:
hborror said:
Went out in the Wicomico yesterday and got 4 dozen big fat black crabs. Took the 9 yo daughter along for her rookie initiation. Would have had a bushel, but she is a rookie :whistle: . Still we both had a blast and had more than enough crabs for all of us. :yay: :yay: Might try again Monday morning. :yay:

:lmao: I know how that is...........

Well I gotta call from a guy that went piney point droped in their and he only got 14 crabs. Im starting to think I'm talking to the wrong people. Ya'll make me feel like I should have been out today.

ohstate

wharf rat said:
ohstate said:
Waiting for them to come to you huh?
I did great on saturday in Hellen creek.
I'll be out there again this afternoon.

You and the dozens of water skiers. I don't love picking crabs, so we only need a few every now and then. We'll probably let the ones we have go tonight.