meeting females outside of bars

tidesweep

Hello, there. I am new to this chatroom. I moved to North Beach about a year ago and haven't met many people. I'd like to know the best way to meet a special woman outside of bars. I enjoy restaurants and the outdoors (although the last week or so has been tough).
I work for a magazine and I'm single. Anyway, I look forward to hearing some tips on how to go about this.

Thanks!

John :smile:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Forget about bars unless you want to marry a drunk. (Stereotypical, but I've seen it happen many times!) Forget about Church - that's too cliche' especially for someone who doesn't attend regularly.

Just do what you enjoy doing, and sooner or later you'll meet someone with similar interests. Then, you can decide if you want to go out for drinks or go on the Sunday Church dinner circuit. Just hope that once you marry her, she doesn't start teaching Sunday School and become a Church leader. If that happens, well, life sucked when you were single too, didn't it? :bawl:

Eh VB?

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Tide...

Just forget it. You're going to be lonely and miserable for the rest of your single life.
There are no good available women here, or anywhere for that matter.
It's hopeless, so give it up.
Take it from me!!!
:biggrin:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by bknarw
Tide...

Just forget it. You're going to be lonely and miserable for the rest of your single life.
There are no good available women here, or anywhere for that matter.
It's hopeless, so give it up.
Take it from me!!!
:biggrin:

:yeahthat:

There's no hope.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Lucy's always available...

A0065.GIF

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by sleuth14
:yeahthat:

There's no hope.

Maybe it was on another thread, but I'm assuming the big date this weekend didn't go over so well? What happened with that??

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by SmallTown
Maybe it was on another thread, but I'm assuming the big date this weekend didn't go over so well? What happened with that??

Actually, I had a good time. We'll probably go out again. Hard to say where it'll go.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by sleuth14
Actually, I had a good time. We'll probably go out again. Hard to say where it'll go.

Great! When I saw your post about no hope, thought it was a reflection of the date this weekend.

And again I'm sorry I haven't kept up with the forms this weekend, where did you two decide to go?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by SmallTown
Great! When I saw your post about no hope, thought it was a reflection of the date this weekend.

And again I'm sorry I haven't kept up with the forms this weekend, where did you two decide to go?

Neptune's Seafood Pub in North Beach.
Great food... great atmosphere... although the prices weren't very good considering the small portion sizes.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Wal-Mart:biggrin: But since you are in NB, try doing something with the Beach community, play bingo at the firehall, or volunteer at the library, or join a local outdoor club since those are activities you do anyway. There is also scheduled music at the Train Museum, and various plays, and society groups. Get involved in things and meet people.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Why do you want to meet women outside of bars? Unless you're just looking for an easy piece? I for one may go out and have a good time and talk to guys I meet at bars but I'd never take them seriously. I've been drinking, they've been drinking; not really a solid foundation for a relationship ya know.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by kwillia
:roflmao: Pixie, I don't think he meant the ##(e)s standing outside the bar waiting for a pick-up!

Oh I'm sure that's not what he's looking for. I'm just saying that any woman with a little bit of class isn't going to take any guy seriously that they meet at a bar.

Today's survey question..... How many of you mat your spouses at bars?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Oh I'm sure that's not what he's looking for. I'm just saying that any woman with a little bit of class isn't going to take any guy seriously that they meet at a bar.

I met my second one at the bar during my recovery from the first one.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
To answer my own question. I met my ex husband at Denny's at 3:00 in the morning (after the bars had closed) coincidence that it didn't work out???

First person to laugh at me is gonna get it!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was the bartender and turned him down four times. We are going on 10 years this September.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Today's survey question..... How many of you met your spouses at bars?
:howdy: Me - we've been together since 1982 and married since 1985.