Places to watch the Race

Athena1078

Social Director
I love NASCAR, but since I moved down here, I haven't had much luck in finding a bar I like to watch the races from. Anyone have any suggestions?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Most of the bars have the races on. Have you tried Damon's? It's more of a sports type bar/restaurant with the big screen TVs and trivia.

Athena1078

Social Director
been there, done that

I have been there for the race before. I just don't feel comfortable going in there by myself. I tend to like the smaller, hole in the wall kind of places. Where the locals hang out....

J

justhangn

Re: been there, done that

Originally posted by Athena1078
I have been there for the race before. I just don't feel comfortable going in there by myself. I tend to like the smaller, hole in the wall kind of places. Where the locals hang out....

Memories on 925 in Waldorf, three TV's, at least 2 have the race on.

SmallTown

Football season!
I made the mistake of walking in there on a friday evening a week or two ago. As I approached the building, it seemed a little hazy but just thought the windows were fogged up because of the weather. Nope... Open the door and its like a jamaican chimney coming out of that place. Ughh.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: been there, done that

I tend to like the smaller, hole in the wall kind of places. Where the locals hang out....
Namesake is in Hollywood. The race is always on there.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: been there, done that

Originally posted by kwillia
Hey RR, I know it's been a while since I have done the local bar circuit... but I have no clue where this is? Is it a re-name of something else?
Hole in the Wall (the namesake)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: been there, done that

Hey RR, I know it's been a while since I have done the local bar circuit... but I have no clue where this is? Is it a re-name of something else?
No renaming, always been the Hole except when it used to be a movie theatre and dance hall many, many years ago. It's back behind the Hollywood Burchmart.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My confusion... I know 'Hole in the Wall' (been there done that :cheers: ) but I didn't know Namesakes.
:lol: There is no place called Namesakes. Athena stated that she tended to like "hole in the wall" type places(w/o the quotes), hense my response. Ken got it! :lmao:

willie

I heard Hole in the Wall isn't exactly the most friendly place to those not a little rough around the edges...

If you like NASCAR your rufenuf.:biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I heard Hole in the Wall isn't exactly the most friendly place to those not a little rough around the edges...
It's what you make of it. I have been there in both business and biker attire and I have never had a problem with anyone.

Tonight is open mike/karoake with a Mardi Gras party to boot. Starts at 6 I think.