Bush knowledge of Sept. 11

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Ah yes, the old "It's a conspiracy" cry rears its butt-ugly head!

There are no "conspiracies". I think I first realized this when I read a copy of a UFO magazine. It's one thing to believe that aliens may occasionally come to Earth to check us out. It's quite another to suggest that the government is collaborating with some alien power to kidnap ordinary citizens for scientific experiments.

On Sept. 11, I think all of us were in a similar state of mind as the person who sees a UFO. The event was simply incomprehensible. Nothing about the world made sense. So some people, like Rep. Cynthia McKinney, struggle desperately to find any explanation that makes sense.

I don't know what demons live in McKinney's head. She may not be able to accept that a group of religious zealots outfoxed the best military in the world. My guess is that it's far easier for her to believe that a secret cabal in the US government let it happen.

I spent some time recently looking for information on the safety of child vaccinations. I found the same "conspiracy" syndrome. Many (not all) of the anti-vaccination sites espose the viewpoint that the medical profession is in cahoots with the pharmaceutical companies to push vaccinations on the American public. Some of the leaders of these groups have lost their own children to reactions from vaccines, and I can sympathize with their loss. That doesn't mean I believe they are right.

Look, even the monsters who engineered Sept. 11 were convinced that the U.S. and Israel are plotting to keep the Arab world enslaved. We all crave a sense of safety. We all felt powerless when we saw the planes crash into the World Trade Center. The hard part for me was in accepting that there are things I can do and things I cannot do. I found solace in the heroism shown by the passengers on the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania. I hope Cynthia McKinney can do the same.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Tonio,

You said, “I don't know what demons live in McKinney's head. She may not be able to accept that a group of religious zealots outfoxed the best military in the world. My guess is that it's far easier for her to believe that a secret cabal in the US government let it happen.” While I agree that there are those looking to blame someone for this incomprehensible act, how did these zealots outfox the military? I see this as the terrorists outfoxing the airlines responsible for security, the FAA, and Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies. Our military isn’t tasked with much in the domestic arena where this attack occurred, at least at that time.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I see this as the terrorists outfoxing the airlines responsible for security, the FAA, and Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies. Our military isn’t tasked with much in the domestic arena where this attack occurred, at least at that time.

Quite true, Ken. My point was before Sept. 11, most Americans probably thought they were safe from terrorism because of our military power. Unfortunately, bombers and ICBMs are not the best weapons for fighting the terrorists.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Tonio
...Unfortunately, bombers and ICBMs are not the best weapons for fighting the terrorists.

They would be if we turned the whole of the Middle East into the worlds largest glass floored, self-lit parking lot!

:)

andwhat

We could turn it into a giant parking lot. (Glass floored I get it b/c its sand and when you heat it up it becomes glass that one took me a second but well done actuually) But I think I have a better idea. Can't we just take the middle east and move it somewhere else. I mean honestly lets take everyone who lives over there and move them to like Canada or maybe Greenland. I mean honestly they have all that oil and the beaches are pretty nice I've heard when they aren't rigged with land mines. So lets move them somewhere else and seperate all the different groups with big old walls that are impossible to get over or through and we turn the whole middle east into one big club med.:cheers:

andwhat

Does egypt count? They're techincally in Africa I think and have been out of the lime light since the peace accords in 78. I'll thumb wrestle someone for the United Arab Emirates though.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Anybody notice that this poll is logging an almost 50/50 response?

Also, many people believe FDR knew in advance about Pearl Harbor and let it happen, so we would enter WW2 and help the Allies win. If that's true, do you think he did the right thing?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The poll was lagging far behind on the "YES" side until a few days ago when about 300+ Yes votes occurred in one day's time.

Ken King

PREMO Member
It was probably all of those folk from the St. Mary's College anti-defamation league that have been clogging up the pages lately that pumped the vote to even. :roflmao: You know, the ones who want to move these fanatics to a closer location. :crazy:

Funny that so many say they believe GW had advance knowledge but none of them have cared to share that view. BTW any of you that want those beaches can have them, just get used to all the "floaties" that you deal with in areas without descent sewage facilities. Enjoy the fish and the stomach disorders that follow.

jimmy

Drunkard
"It was probably all of those folk from the St. Mary's College anti-defamation league that have been clogging up the pages lately that pumped the vote to even. You know, the ones who want to move these fanatics to a closer location."

Sorry, wasn't I...(andwhat, dan? you voting on this?) I haven't even been paying attention but thanks for the nod... :rolleyes:

And what is the "move these fanatics to a closer location" about?

Also, do you assume that we (the SMADL) think Bush had prior knowledge and just aren't speaking up? Or are you talking about the polititians who have been said to have claimed so?

James D

McKinney is a democrat right?

Is she the one that told Mayor Rudy he was wrong, and should have taken the money.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by jimmy
And what is the "move these fanatics to a closer location" about?

Also, do you assume that we (the SMADL) think Bush had prior knowledge and just aren't speaking up? Or are you talking about the polititians who have been said to have claimed so?

Jimmy,

See your buddy's (andwhat) post above about moving everyone to Canada or Greenland, get the picture?

I was talking about the mysterious votes that all of a sudden popped up. I said it was "probably" due to the St. Mary's College anti-defamation league. Not an assumption, an opinion.

andwhat

Sorry for getting back into it so late. Since I'm guessing the St. Mary's College anti-defamation league was referring to myself and jimmy and daniel (I'm smart i figured that out all on my own) I'll respond. I seriouslly doubt Bush had any knowledge about the attacks, at least specifically any more than any president knows that a terrorist attack might happen on any given day.
I have heard however that Bush doesn't read the briefings prepared for him by his staff. i understand he's a busy man and all but I'd feel a little bit better if the commander in chief would take the time to find out whats going on in the world.
Who's to say that if he hadn't read one of those briefings a thought wouldn't have occured to him to look into people in flight schools. I'm not blaming him and i know there's probably nothing he could have done. I just hope he takes the time to read the reports from now, maybe it will help but it certainly couldn't hurt.

andwhat

Sorry, forgot something. as for the moving them thing, it was a joke. I'm just saying that they're on some prime water front real estate. If they're going to be too busy being all ornery to enjoy it then let someone else. Eventually we could get rid of the floaties. I'm not the first one in the water though.

S

Shanobi

I can hardly see the US preventing 9-11 from happeneing. It would have been a civil rights nightmare. Now today it would be much easier to stop something like that given our new hightened awareness and fear. But before 9-11 I just can't see anything being done. And this is not the first time we've heard of FBI botched cases. Almost every case that had national attention was botched in one way or another by the FBI...So consider the source. But damn, today is much different. I thought I saw it all untill I saw metal detectors set up at the Mall in DC...Imagine that: having to go through a metal detector to go to the park...Are we living in fear now? Does this mean the terrorists have won?...what do you all think?

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
To the person who said lets move them to Canada lol

I realize it was a joke. BUT CANADA. that puts them next door to us lol. I'd prefer the Parking lot. A 2nd Grand Canyon. To honor them we will carv a LARGE TERD in the center out of the ruble.

But I don't beleive in huge conspiracies. If Bush knew about possible attacks--lets see. Do you all realize how many threats we get a DAY. The White house and president probably get hundreds a month alone. So they heard of something---it's hersay(spelling)....We rely on individuals to do their job and make that information available up the chain. Somtimes it doesn't always make it cause it is BOGUS. OR crap, or a mistake. We couldn
t prevent this very easily....correction, if this didn't happen a terrorists attack would have hit somewhere else on our soil. Was just a matter of time. I think its BS. It makes me sick. I cry during the national anthem. Beginning of every nascar my eyes well up in tears over everything---but regardless. I don't take comfort in beleiving theres' some huge conspiracy. Conspiracy's are too hard to keep secret these days.

But is it possible. Ya damn skippy. If anyones possible of keeping a lid on things. Our government is. So who knows lol