Appear to Disappear

ocean733

Pandora said:
Interesting article....

I did NOT know that getting a tan can make cellulite and even stretch marks worse. Page #5

Click

I thought it made them disappear. Someone told me that that's what they used on the girls on Baywatch so that they minimized their flaws.

greyhound

ocean733 said:
I thought it made them disappear. Someone told me that that's what they used on the girls on Baywatch so that they minimized their flaws.
It says that self tanners will make flaws disappear. A real tan will break down collagen and make cellulite look worse.

Pandora

greyhound said:
It says that self tanners will make flaws disappear. A real tan will break down collagen and make cellulite look worse.

Right... That was the part I didn't know which is why I posted this for others that may not have known. I just never heard that before.

H

hborror

Nickel said:
The danger of fatal skin cancer won't make you stop but a little cellulite will? :killingme

This is my first year tanning and only becuase I thought it helped the stretch marks. Boy was I wrong!

hborror said:
This is my first year tanning and only becuase I thought it helped the stretch marks. Boy was I wrong!
Not only will it make you wrinkle up faster but too much will also give you leathery skin....and then add the skin cancer on top of it....EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeewwwww

sweetpea said:
Not only will it make you wrinkle up faster but too much will also give you leathery skin....and then add the skin cancer on top of it....EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeewwwww

Yep! I tanned in a tanning bed for many years. One day at the dermatologist he told me that a spot on my face (that I thought was a freckle) was "sun damage". He said if I kept tanning, it would probably turn into skin cancer.

Knowing that one of my grandfathers died from skin cancer, I stopped immediately. I've had several people make fun of how pale I am in the summertime - I just remind them how great my skin will look when I'm 80. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Speedy70 said:
Yep! I tanned in a tanning bed for many years. One day at the dermatologist he told me that a spot on my face (that I thought was a freckle) was "sun damage". He said if I kept tanning, it would probably turn into skin cancer.
I've had freckles since I was about 10, and have fair skin. For the past 6 years or so, I've tried to be religious about wearing sunscreen all the time, and haven't had a sunburn in ages.

Speedy70 said:

Knowing that one of my grandfathers died from skin cancer, I stopped immediately. I've had several people make fun of how pale I am in the summertime - I just remind them how great my skin will look when I'm 80. :yay:
I hear all kinds of crap about how white and pale I am...I'm a white girl...I accept it...so can everyone else.

K

Katie

Real story that happened to me.

I have had a birthmark on my back for many years. The ones who have met me know how fair skinned I am. Total white girl here..

Well I went to the derm and we talked about removing it because he thinks it looked suspicious. Well it got taken off, and low and behold it was in the beginning stages. It didn't go any further than that, because I dealt with it right away. I had most moles removed and they were all negative.