Williamsburg/Jamestown

watercolor

yeah yeah
We are going back in the fall for a long weekend- and wanted to know of some good places to stay, eat, and visit. Of course- most of you know- our stay 3 years ago- SUCKED. That includes the hotel and ect.

We are going down with another couple- and we decided- that if we can get a suit- where there is a possibility of a divided room or something- that would work better- instead of two rooms- unless it was just that much cheaper to do 2 rooms.

Recommendations of anything. Never been to jamestown- is it worth it? We like the history and the old parts of the area. Also- is there anywhere else we should check out?

My husband and I went several years ago. We either stayed at the Quality Inn Historic Area or the Comfort Inn Historic. I can't remember which one. :shrug: It was nothing fancy, but we enjoyed our stay. It really depends on how fancy you want to go. Have you checked www.gowilliamsburg.com or www.tripadvisor.com? I have heard that the Residence Inn by Marriott is nice. They have suites.

However, I can recommend that you dine at The Seafare & Steakhouse Restaurant if you're looking for a nice sit-down meal. It's a fancier joint than say somewhere like Red Lobster. We enjoyed our meal that night and will go again the next time we're in that area.

I've never been to Jamestown, so I can't answer your questions on that.

Have a great time!

Last edited:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Thanks! We are looking for a nice room- but- nothing extravagant. I was actually just looking at the Comfort Inn Historic Area- and they seem to have good reviews. Anyone stay there?

Since it will be only us 2 couples- it would be nice to go out to a nice dinner somewhere of course- but also, the more I think about it- I am thinking that we are going to need 2 rooms rather than a suite- ONLY because- then we can have our own space- and just crash at the end of the day.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I went a few years ago, but just to the amusement park. I'm going again 06/30-07/02. We're staying at the Wolfs-something lodge. Not sure when you plan on going, but if you can wait, I can give you a synopsis upon my return. :smile:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
I went a few years ago, but just to the amusement park. I'm going again 06/30-07/02. We're staying at the Wolfs-something lodge. Not sure when you plan on going, but if you can wait, I can give you a synopsis upon my return. :smile:
Great Wolf Lodge? Isn't that the one with the indoor water park? I've driven by it a zillion times in the last month or so, it looks very interesting.

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
Nickel said:
Great Wolf Lodge? Isn't that the one with the indoor water park? I've driven by it a zillion times in the last month or so, it looks very interesting.
GWL is the one with the indoor water park. Went there over Christmas break and had a blast. It was hard to pull the kids away when it was time to leave.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
cholo said:
GWL is the one with the indoor water park. Went there over Christmas break and had a blast. It was hard to pull the kids away when it was time to leave.
It sounds like a great place to go for a quick vacation. :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Nickel said:
It's like $400 a night to stay there

Nickel said:
I see prices as low as $189/night. :shrug:

I'm on their website now and the cheapest I see is $299.00/night for this room:
The Queen Sofa is our most economical room and includes 1 queen bed and a sofa sleeper. All queen sofa suites are handicapped accessible. This suite also features a private patio or balcony.

Wolf Web Savings is the best public rate available for Great Wolf Lodge, and only available at greatwolflodge.com!
Rate listed includes all discounts and is non-commissionable.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Speedy70 said:
I'm on their website now and the cheapest I see is $299.00/night for this room:
The Queen Sofa is our most economical room and includes 1 queen bed and a sofa sleeper. All queen sofa suites are handicapped accessible. This suite also features a private patio or balcony.

Wolf Web Savings is the best public rate available for Great Wolf Lodge, and only available at greatwolflodge.com!
I too am on their website, and upon searching available reservations (selecting this weekend, as it's just experimentation), the lowest rate I receive is:

Wolf Web Savings
The Family Suite is the most basic of our suites, it includes 2 queen beds and a semi-private living area with a full size sofa sleeper and a 27 inch television. This suite features a private patio or balcony.

Room Type: Williamsburg, VA - Family Suite, Balc
1st Night: $189.00

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Speedy70 said:
That place looks great! I'm trying to talk the 'linebacker' into going to Williamsburg this summer. This time we can take the kids and enjoy Busch Gardens and the water park. If we go, we'll try eating at Aberdeen Barn!

We met one of the owners/managers at the hotel bar. She recommended it. It was one of the best meals and service we've ever experienced...anywhere.

Nickel said:
I too am on their website, and upon searching available reservations (selecting this weekend, as it's just experimentation), the lowest rate I receive is:

Wolf Web Savings
The Family Suite is the most basic of our suites, it includes 2 queen beds and a semi-private living area with a full size sofa sleeper and a 27 inch television. This suite features a private patio or balcony.

Room Type: Williamsburg, VA - Family Suite, Balc
1st Night: $189.00

Interesting! I selected June/July dates. Maybe that's considered their peak time.

LucySnow

try the Whaling Co.

The Whaling Company restaurant is also very good for seafood. Good food, reasonable prices and an atmosphere that isn't too stuffy (ie kids are not unwelcome).

http://www.whalingcompany.com/index.htm

I went there a few times 3-5 years ago, haven't been back recently. It's right across from the Marriot Courtyard Williamsburg.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Speedy70 said:
Interesting! I selected June/July dates. Maybe that's considered their peak time.
The rates probably go up after Memorial Day weekend. But wouldn't you think that more people would want to go to an indoor water park in the winter, as opposed to the summer, when they could just go to Water Country USA?