6 minutes of lane splitting

dustin

UAIOE
looks like the guy did speed up the video but still...good grief...i can see lane splitting to get to the front of the line at a red light when all the traffic is stopped, but never in moving traffic...

bcp

In My Opinion
He had to speed up up by about 6 times to fit that 29 minutes into 6.19. But still, his average speed would still have to be around 80 mph in that traffic.
so, in conclusion after looking at the numbers, I would have to say that I have come to the realization that this individual is an ass.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
That made me sick just looking at it. I had a great experience on my bike today and, let me tell you, I scared the crap out of myself, not literally, but almost.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BS Gal said:
That made me sick just looking at it. I had a great experience on my bike today and, let me tell you, I scared the crap out of myself, not literally, but almost.
I passed quite a few Man/ Woman harley rider pairs today.. you didn't have a silver streak go by you today did you!??

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
itsbob said:
I passed quite a few Man/ Woman harley rider pairs today.. you didn't have a silver streak go by you today did you!??
I saw a man and woman go by me on a Honda, I think, heading south on 235. They wizzed by me and I was doing over 60 (about the top speed for the Rebel). She had a pepsi in the cupholder. Otherwise, I was pretty focused on what I was doing.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
And had ONE close call today. if I was in a car, would have made a hell of a mess.. but I squeaked through on the bike..

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
itsbob said:
And had ONE close call today. if I was in a car, would have made a hell of a mess.. but I squeaked through on the bike..
I slammed on my brakes when I should have kept going through the light. Just mis-judged when the light was gonna change and decided I should stop. I remembered every single thing they taught me in class though, so didn't lay it down. Phew. We went home after that. Think I scared hubby almost as much as I scared myself. Luckily, he was quite a ways back from me........I didn't have to change my undies, either.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BS Gal said:
I slammed on my brakes when I should have kept going through the light. Just mis-judged when the light was gonna change and decided I should stop. I remembered every single thing they taught me in class though, so didn't lay it down. Phew. We went home after that. Think I scared hubby almost as much as I scared myself. Luckily, he was quite a ways back from me........I didn't have to change my undies, either.
I was coming down Rte 4 South.. right lane coming up on some slow traffic.. I start to change to the left lane, just as someone in the left TURN lane decides he doesn't want to turn left anymore, and without signalling or ANY hint of his intentions, decides to take up the little piece of the left lane I was already in.. Like I said, if I was in a car, it would have been one hell of an accident, with LOTS of broken glass and twisted metal.. and if I was in my truck, probably a dead Audi driver..

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
itsbob said:
I was coming down Rte 4 South.. right lane coming up on some slow traffic.. I start to change to the left lane, just as someone in the left TURN lane decides he doesn't want to turn left anymore, and without signalling or ANY hint of his intentions, decides to take up the little piece of the left lane I was already in.. Like I said, if I was in a car, it would have been one hell of an accident, with LOTS of broken glass and twisted metal.. and if I was in my truck, probably a dead Audi driver..
It amazes me how people don't watch for bikes. I have always watched for them cause hubby rides and my sister rides, but I am constantly amazed. I am afraid to ride around here.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Went on the Hospice ride today. Had to keep telling myself I'm in this slow moving clump for charity. Harley in front of me had a non- functioning brake light and I had a headach from the straight pipes by the time we got to Bear Creek.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
Went on the Hospice ride today. Had to keep telling myself I'm in this slow moving clump for charity. Harley in front of me had a non- functioning brake light and I had a headach from the straight pipes by the time we got to Bear Creek.
I rode up to Owings Mills for a Tech Day. .a guy up there owns a Detailing shop, and car storage facility.. he let us use his entire facility for the day.. If I lived closer, it would be a GREAT deal, but that is a ways away!!

Not everyday you get to do ANYTHING within 6 inches of a Lamborghini (sp?) or a Ferrari.. but people were wrenching on their bikes just inches away form them, I was JUST waiting for the first piece of chipped paint..

Last edited: