Faux Tan self-tanner

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bare Escentuals makes it - recommended to me by my daughter. I put it on last night before I went to bed. When I got up this morning, Larry said, "You look great - nice and tan."

It's weird coming out of the bottle. Very brown so you can see where you're putting it. When I was done applying, my palms were completely brown, which worried me a bit. But I scrubbed them with a nail brush and they went back to normal.

Inspection shows the "tan" is even and not streaky, and the color is good. Plus my skin feels moisturized. I'll see how long it lasts before I say whether I'd buy it again or not.

I'm also cautiously optimistic about the RareMinerals. I used it last night before I went to bed and this morning my pores are visibly reduced and my face didn't have that morning puffiness.

Why does all the good stuff have to be so friggin' expensive??? :faint:

Dear Vrai,

Please try the LiftFusion Micro-Injected M-Tox Transdermal Face Lift and let me know whether you think it's worth the $140 for 1.7 oz.

TIA,

kwillia

Get a lift - in 10 minutes or less!

What it is:
Fusion Beauty has pushed the envelope in creating the first Topical-Injectable(tm) alternative to doctor-administered antiwrinkle injections. Both a powerful wrinkle-relaxant and a collagen-booster in one safe needle-free formula. LiftFusion(tm) Micro-Injected MTox(tm) Transdermal Facelift delivers instant, visibly transformational results comparable to popular, physician administered injectables - without the discomfort, side effects, and unnatural loss of facial expressiveness associated with many syringe-administered antiwrinkle products.

What it is formulated to do:
Utilizing the most sophisticated delivery system on the market today, this advanced MTox(tm) technology, (a patented blend of naturally derived compounds that absorb into the skin and visibly relax fine lines, creases, and wrinkles) helps reduce existing wrinkles AND boost collagen to promote skin's natural defenses against new ones; effective right away (within 10 minutes), but completely reversible in 24 hours.

Clinical Testing/Results:
"In a clinical study comparing LiftFusion's(tm) topical formula to the top-rated physician administered injectable, results showed 9 out of 10 users preferred LiftFusion(tm) for immediate and cumulative antiwrinkle effects. Test results confirmed, only LiftFusion(tm) delivered a significant visual reduction of fine lines and deep wrinkles."

To use: For optimal results, apply morning and night. Gently pat on clean, dry skin until completely absorbed, avoiding direct contact with eyes. Can be used with or without moisturizer. Light enough to be worn under make-up.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Vrai, are you talking about the Bare Minerals stuff you put on at night?

I got some Strike Gold self-tanner from B&BW's for my birthday. It's brown when you apply it, but you can't really see where it's going. However, it doesn't leave you with streaks and the color is very nice & even. Can't say how much it cost because it was a present, but I'd say it was a good buy.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
Dear Vrai,

Please try the LiftFusion Micro-Injected M-Tox Transdermal Face Lift and let me know whether you think it's worth the $140 for 1.7 oz.

TIA,

kwillia

[/I]
Sure it sounds like a good buy, but does it actually do that? Where's Liz Crenshaw when you need her? :eyebrow: :lol:

I'm guessing it "glues" the face when applied. Kinda makes the facial tissue stiff? When you wash your face, the stuff is washed away and therefore, wrinkles and laugh lines come back. Does this make sense?

Chasey_Lane said:
Sure it sounds like a good buy, but does it actually do that? Where's Liz Crenshaw when you need her? :eyebrow: :lol:

I'm guessing it "glues" the face when applied. Kinda makes the facial tissue stiff? When you wash your face, the stuff is washed away and therefore, wrinkles and laugh lines come back. Does this make sense?
Actually, I was reading about it just yesterday and it supposedly contains a "muscle relaxer" as well as other stuff that is supposed to have an immediate effect on the area applied to that last for many hours. Yes, you are right that there isn't any product currently available that is applied topical and isn't only a temporary solution. This one sounds promising for regular use tho. :eyebrow:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
Actually, I was reading about it just yesterday and it supposedly contains a "muscle relaxer" as well as other stuff that is supposed to have an immediate effect on the area applied to that last for many hours. Yes, you are right that there isn't any product currently available that is applied topical and isn't only a temporary solution. This one sounds promising for regular use tho. :eyebrow:
I've always heard the secret to youthful looking skin is moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! If you look at middle-aged black woman, their skin is radiant! I can't remember where I heard this from, but apparently vaseline on the skin is very, very good. :eyebrow:

morganj614

Chasey_Lane said:
I've always heard the secret to youthful looking skin is moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! If you look at middle-aged black woman, their skin is radiant! I can't remember where I heard this from, but apparently vaseline on the skin is very, very good. :eyebrow:

Black skin also does not accumulate sun damage like white skin. Vaseline is a great way to seal in moisture :yay: