Galleria Salon and Spa

watercolor

yeah yeah
Has anyone done their spa packages? Experience good or bad? Worth it? How was the atmosphere for the actual spa? I have seen where they do the pedicures and the manicures. But other than that- I haven't seen anything else.

Any of your men done them? I was thinking of getting maylin the "Just for Men" spa package for his birthday or something...It includes the following:

Galleria Soak
The GQ Facial
European Body Massage
Sports Manicure
Spa Cuisine

And if your best friend gave you and your hubby/SO a couples package to a spa for your anniversary- would you dig it?

Also- any feedback on the Stone massages/facials would be great. Have always wanted to try those.

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
watercolor said:
And if your best friend gave you and your hubby/SO a couples package to a spa for your anniversary- would you dig it?
I would dig it, but I know day wouldn't. I've tried to get him to go with me to get a mani/pedi but he simply won't.

If it's something maylin wants, you can't go wrong.

I've never been to Galleria because I never had a reason to go. I would rather spend $22 on a haircut than $50. :lol:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Chasey_Lane said:
I would dig it, but I know day wouldn't. I've tried to get him to go with me to get a mani/pedi but he simply won't.

If it's something maylin wants, you can't go wrong.

I've never been to Galleria because I never had a reason to go. I would rather spend $22 on a haircut than $50. :lol:

Well, I do know that maylin has always wanted to try a massage- and I do know that he would benefit good from the ones where they work on your legs and lower back. :yay: But I dont know if he would feel comfortable going alone. Although- it might be a good thing- so that he can reconnect with himself and relax fully.

And I hear ya about the hair.... :lol:

LucySnow

pedi's rock

I've had a few spa pedi's at Galleria and they all rocked! I think Fran did my last one--she was great! The spa pedi involves all the scrubbing and wrapping, etc. that you could want, and it very relaxing and not rushed. They will also usually offer you a glass of wine (or water or lemonade) and some peanuts or something to munch on.

The atmosphere is very calming and quiet in the whole building, which is nice. It's so much better than just going to a hair salon that has a spa chair or two--this place actually feels like a spa. There's nice lighting and little fountains & stuff.

The Galleria soak is nice, but it's really just a bubble bath in a deep tub.

I had a massage there once but didn't care for it. It may have just been whatever style of massage it was, or maybe I'm just not a massage person...

My manicure chipped the next day--they almost always do, wherever I go. Pedicure's last for weeks, mani's only days.

Overall I would recommend Galleria. It's actually worth the drive to Waldorf (if you're in St. Mary's). I was given a gift certificate for a package but broke it up and used it mainly for Pedicures every few months, since that is the service I enjoyed most there.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Hrm, well, thanks for the feedback everyone. :yay: I appreciate it. I will be thinking about this- we are really thinking about getting our friends the couples package to do for their anniversary. Hopefully it will be a good experience.

KWAK

I would never suggest the Galleria to anyone I liked! They are just terrible in there - I've had it happen more than once where I wasn't on the schedule and/or had to wait. I got a haircut once (by Merly - who has since gone to another shop) that was so awful she didn't charge me for it (I think because she didn't want me to complain!).

Never had a spa anything there - but I can't imagine it being any better.

J

juggy4805

My wife has convinced me to get a pedicure this weekend. :ohwell:

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
Crap, I got a $100 gift certificate for my roommmate and one for my mom as well. Are these not good presents for women?

Pandora

vanbells said:
Crap, I got a $100 gift certificate for my roommmate and one for my mom as well. Are these not good presents for women?

I think they make terrible gifts, so why don't you just give the gift certificates to me and get them something else. :biggrin:

BOHDEN

I love their warm stone massage, and the person that usually does mine her name is Chris, she is awesome

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
When they do the stone massage, do they rub the rocks on you, or just set them in certain areas (pressure points?)? I've seen them, but have had a massage with them.

cdsulhoff

aprilntommyR said:
i love it... went w/ my bestfriend for my wedding, that was my gift to her. She wants us to go back again!!! :)

The best place is Red Door Spa in Chevy Chase... I still have to book my appointment. I think this is my favorite place.. Even though there is is other place in Prince Frederick that I want to try... It has a southwestern theme. I can't remember the name of the place.. Just have to say the Red Door, has these two guys that massage people. Well they were there the last time I was there. Now The Blond guy who is from Sweden was dorky but there was an other guy there and OMG he was cute.. But I ended up with the dorky guy... NOT FAIR...... But he gave a really good massage...

bluewater

Galleria

My wife and her sister went there, both had a good time. They are looking for something closer than Waldorf and live in Lexington Park, Anyone know of a good place close to the base or 235?