Hair Company

tastycakes

how are the rest? Had gotten a gift certificate for Mother's Day and have an appointment (can't remember the girls name- she just got off maternity leave) hoping that all goes good. Having trouble finding a good place.

LucySnow

tastycakes said:
how are the rest? Had gotten a gift certificate for Mother's Day and have an appointment (can't remember the girls name- she just got off maternity leave) hoping that all goes good. Having trouble finding a good place.

That's probably Karen. I've gone to her for 2 years now and always been happy with my cuts!

watercolor

yeah yeah
tastycakes said:

Yeah. Melissa just got off of maternity. I have never had my hair cut by her- but I havent heard anything bad about her neither.

tastycakes

watercolor said:
Yeah. Melissa just got off of maternity. I have never had my hair cut by her- but I havent heard anything bad about her neither.

Guess I will give my review of her after my appointment on Sat. Sure it will be a good one.

daisykps

Just don't go to the young dark haired girl who is planning the wedding in September. She did cut and highlights on me last month and kept taking phone calls from her future MIL about colors for the napkins and she left the foils in too long and turned my hair brassy. I left town for a wedding that night and had to end up getting a toner done at a salon in NY the day of the wedding. I was charged $90.00 at The Hair Company plus $50.00 for the toner. The girl in NY said the foils were left in too long. Looked like a bad frosting.

roxie

I used to go to Hair Company but started going to SKape around the corner on Fenwick street and like it so much better. I got bad highlights at Hair Company too, there are no windows in the back so you really can't tell what they look like in there, but I've ALWAYS had great cuts and highlights at SKape!

H

hborror

GeezLouise said:
Who would you guys recommend for a cut and color at the Hair Company?

Is that located in the square? I heard about that place since moving I still travel to Shear Heaven in La Plata looking for a switch.

Roxie04

Your hair does not turn brassy from leaving a hi lite on to long...........that is taking color out of the hair. The longer you leave it on the lighter your hair will get. It can be brassy from not being left on long enough.

popsicle

tastycakes said:

Amber also just got off of materinty leave a few months ago. I think she is great. I just sit down and she does her thing. I don't have to say anything. I alway get GREAT complements on my color.

K

kris31280

Roxie04 said:
Your hair does not turn brassy from leaving a hi lite on to long...........that is taking color out of the hair. The longer you leave it on the lighter your hair will get. It can be brassy from not being left on long enough.
Are you a professional stylist?

Because... every stylist I've ever been to has made the comment about when you're lightening hair you can't leave the product on too long or you run the risk of becoming brassy...

Either that or turning your hair in to cooked spaghetti mush.

I think my sister in law is applying to work there, but if she isn't, she does hair and she's amazing... I won't let anyone else touch my hair but her because she always knows exactly what it is that I want even when I give her no further instructions other than "I want something a little more rock star and a little less pollyanna."

Sheardelight

Roxie04 said:

My thoughts exactly. I am a professional and you do get a brassy result from it not being on long enough. Everyone's hair goes through a red to orange-yellow stage and it has to be brought up past that.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
roxie said:
I used to go to Hair Company but started going to SKape around the corner on Fenwick street and like it so much better. I got bad highlights at Hair Company too, there are no windows in the back so you really can't tell what they look like in there, but I've ALWAYS had great cuts and highlights at SKape!
Go to Skape! That place is 100 times better than Hair Co. They are sooo much friendlier! :yay: