Bronze Door Day Spa & Cafe

snuzzy

Stopped at the cafe the other day for coffee, they only had chocolate chip cookies for food, though their menu indicated muffins, etc. They may need some time to be "fully operational". BTW, the coffee was good and service was friendly.

ohstate

Its been a while since they opened - has anyone been there yet? I was thinking of getting a pedicure this weekend and looking for a place in PF or Solomons. Thanks!

CandyRain

Appearances on Skinners Turn Road has a FANTASTIC massage therapist. :yay: :yahoo:

She even has this special facial massage that's supposed to take 10 years off.

ohstate said:
Its been a while since they opened - has anyone been there yet? I was thinking of getting a pedicure this weekend and looking for a place in PF or Solomons. Thanks!

No, not yet. I tried to get an appointment for a pedicure, but I waited until the day of and they had no openings. I may try them within the next week!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Speedy70 said:
I just made an appointment with them for a spa pedicure. :yahoo:

What's the difference between that and their pedicure? I was looking at their website yesterday and was :confused:

what day are you going?

cattitude said:
What's the difference between that and their pedicure? I was looking at their website yesterday and was :confused:

what day are you going?

The spa pedicure is more luxurious, I assume. I've had a spa pedicure at a place in Waldorf and they use extra products, wrap your feet in warm towels, etc. It's very relaxing. :yay:

I'm going today. :stalker:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Speedy70 said:
The spa pedicure is more luxurious, I assume. I've had a spa pedicure at a place in Waldorf and they use extra products, wrap your feet in warm towels, etc. It's very relaxing. :yay:

See ya soon :howdy:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Speedy70 said:

I had that done at the place in PF, near Stoneys. I haven't been back because I didn't like the way they kept all the utensils just sitting in a tray and they didn't seem to be very clean about the way they cleaned the tubs, etc. Let me know how you like the place.

cattitude said:
I had that done at the place in PF, near Stoneys. I haven't been back because I didn't like the way they kept all the utensils just sitting in a tray and they didn't seem to be very clean about the way they cleaned the tubs, etc. Let me know how you like the place.

That's where I'm going. :jameo:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
cattitude said:
they didn't seem to be very clean about the way they cleaned the tubs, etc.
If you think about it, those tubs never really get a good cleaning. It's plumbing and plumbing gets backed up with lots of bacteria.

Paula Abdul got a really bad infection once from a pedicure and I think she sued the shop because of it.

Chasey_Lane said:
If you think about it, those tubs never really get a good cleaning. It's plumbing and plumbing gets backed up with lots of bacteria.

Paula Abdul got a really bad infection once from a pedicure and I think she sued the shop because of it.

I haven't found one place ( except for Robert Andrew Day Spa in Crofton ) that cares for their "tools" the way they should be. Scary really!

All files should be thrown away and used only once. Same w/ the buffers. All metal tools should be opened in front of you, not pulled out of a drawer and stuck back in when they are done. :barf:

Chasey_Lane said:

I'm sure that's something that I won't be thinking about while I'm getting my pedicure this evening. :jameo: :razz:

ms_mj

The new place in Lusby near Pizza Hut has quite a nice selection of manicures and pedicures for both men and women. Mid range prices. They also use the hot towels and I think each pedicure comes with a sea salt rub. They also keep the files that they use on you in a box with your name on it. You get your own files each visit.

cattitude said:
Let me know how you like the place.

First let me start by saying they're running a special right now (until September 1st). Tuesdays and Wednesdays you get a 15% discount. So today was my lucky day. :yahoo:

The place is small, but nice. The young girl that did my pedicure was very friendly (Rhonda). They were very clean (they clean the foot baths with sanitizer and bleach while you're still there).

My pedicure was nice, she did a good job.

Atmosphere-wise though, I prefer Classic Image in Waldorf. However, I'd probably go back to Bronze Door. :yay:

Oh, and Catt - when I got there, all the ladies were talking about dogs; Labs and BOXERS to be exact! One of the ladies there had several boxers and I had to look around the corner to see if it was you. :killingme

Speedy70 said:
First let me start by saying they're running a special right now (until September 1st). Tuesdays and Wednesdays you get a 15% discount. So today was my lucky day. :yahoo:

The place is small, but nice. The young girl that did my pedicure was very friendly (Rhonda). They were very clean (they clean the foot baths with sanitizer and bleach while you're still there).

My pedicure was nice, she did a good job.

Atmosphere-wise though, I prefer Classic Image in Waldorf. However, I'd probably go back to Bronze Door. :yay:

Oh, and Catt - when I got there, all the ladies were talking about dogs; Labs and BOXERS to be exact! One of the ladies there had several boxers and I had to look around the corner to see if it was you. :killingme

Oh, I forgot that they have you fill out an information sheet when you get there. It asks your contact info and if you have allergies, pregnant, broken bones, athletes foot, etc.