hotels/pets

about to come out for my house hunting trip and am planning on bringing my dogs,(2 small pugs), am looking for hotels in the area that will allow pets, any help is greatly appreciated

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Hi! As a dog owner, I keep this link bookmarked:
http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/guides/hotel/hotelMD.shtml

Good luck with your house hunting trip!

Y

yornoc

I looked at the link above and just in case you were wondering, the closest one to Patuxent River NAS is:

Days Inn of Waldorf
11370 Days Court
Waldorf, Maryland 20603
Phone:301-932-9200

Good luck!

SxyPrincess

David,

I think most hotels allow animals however, there is usually a pet fee in addition to the cost of the actual room(s).  

BlueBird

The A&E in Lexington Park Marland is your best bet. It's close to the base, they allow pets. Tell them blue sent ya.

N

navywife1984

hotels allowing dogs

about to come out for my house hunting trip and am planning on bringing my dogs,(2 small pugs), am looking for hotels in the area that will allow pets, any help is greatly appreciated

When we transferred here in 2005, we stayed at the Extended Stay America which is really close to gate 1 of the base. The manager and assistant manager at the place were major pains (in the you-know-what) but it wasn't too bad of a place to stay. We had to be on the 3rd floor with the dog and had to use the stairs (no dog allowed in the elevator, their policy....I wonder what they do for handicapped folks who have a pet and can't do the stairs?!) At that time, the only hotel which allowed pets was Days Inn and I would not anyone I know stay at that place...I would rather sleep in a tent in the yard and give up my bed than tell someone to stay there. As for A&E, I feel the same way (maybe more so) as Days Inn.

Best of luck in your house hunting, I know you will find way more than we did during the housing crunch of 2005 when as soon as something went on the market it was sold and we were having to drive up here every weekend for a month before we found something even remotely close to what we wanted. If you have any other questions, you are welcome to pm me.:patriot:

ginwoman

When we transferred here in 2005, we stayed at the Extended Stay America which is really close to gate 1 of the base. The manager and assistant manager at the place were major pains (in the you-know-what) but it wasn't too bad of a place to stay. We had to be on the 3rd floor with the dog and had to use the stairs (no dog allowed in the elevator, their policy....I wonder what they do for handicapped folks who have a pet and can't do the stairs?!) At that time, the only hotel which allowed pets was Days Inn and I would not anyone I know stay at that place...I would rather sleep in a tent in the yard and give up my bed than tell someone to stay there. As for A&E, I feel the same way (maybe more so) as Days Inn.

Best of luck in your house hunting, I know you will find way more than we did during the housing crunch of 2005 when as soon as something went on the market it was sold and we were having to drive up here every weekend for a month before we found something even remotely close to what we wanted. If you have any other questions, you are welcome to pm me.:patriot:

I think that is so stupid that they make the dog people stay in the 2nd or 3rd floor. Last year when we took our dog to a vet in Annapolis we stayed at a Days Inn (?) and it sucked so bad. They made us stay in a smoking room (we don't smoke) and on the second floor. Don't they realize you need to take your dog outside and need to be on the first floor? It was a horrible experience. If I ever have to do that again, I will pay a higher room price for a nicer place that also allows pet.

BlueBird

I'm sure they already came and went since the original question from the OP was like 4 years ago..... Man you all are slow.

sockgirl77

I looked at the link above and just in case you were wondering, the closest one to Patuxent River NAS is:

Days Inn of Waldorf
11370 Days Court
Waldorf, Maryland 20603
Phone:301-932-9200

Good luck!

WRONG...Super 8 Motel

22801 Three Notch Rd
Rt 5 to Rt 235 Rt 4 to Rt 235
California, MD 20619-3153 US
Phone: 301-862-9822