Anybody got Sturgis plans?

Foxhound

Finishing last
I'm planing to go wth a Girlfriend pillion. Don't have any firm commitments from any riders yet. I don't want to go up solo for my first time. Long ride on a 750 doubled up. I'm a big fan of adventure though! :lmao:

Mark

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Foxhound said:
I'm planing to go wth a Girlfriend pillion. Don't have any firm commitments from any riders yet. I don't want to go up solo for my first time. Long ride on a 750 doubled up. I'm a big fan of adventure though! :lmao:

Mark
ADjustable rear shock I hope??

750 is more then enough bike to do it, but what kind of bike? I'd do two up on a 750 as a driver, but not as a pillion.

ylexot

Super Genius
As a matter of fact...

I think we have eight people from my office/friends going, but we're taking trucks/trailers to get there and then riding in/around.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
ylexot said:
As a matter of fact...

I think we have eight people from my office/friends going, but we're taking trucks/trailers to get there and then riding in/around.
Whimps!!

Trailer week in Sturgis??

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
ylexot said:
we're taking trucks/trailers to get there and then riding in/around.
If they're around 70-75 with arthritis that's cool they can make the trip.
If they're 30 something, that's just sad. They're missing the adventure of the trip.

One of the guys in my riding club is planning on heading out west later this year, not sure if he's planning on Sturgis. He's got a Kawi 800 Drifter.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
If they're around 70-75 with arthritis that's cool they can make the trip.
If they're 30 something, that's just sad. They're missing the adventure of the trip.

One of the guys in my riding club is planning on heading out west later this year, not sure if he's planning on Sturgis. He's got a Kawi 800 Drifter.
:yeahthat:

Its the ride and adventure GETTING there that brings about the most stories.. Sturgis is Sturgis, it doesn't change, but the ride there and back will be different every time.

Ponytail

I'm planning on going, just haven't made up my mind yet as to how I'm going to do it. I'm young, but my back is old. That, and I'm not sure if I'd rather spend more time riding out there, or more time riding to it. Limited on time I can take off.

Also will depend on whether or not my parts come in and whether or not I can get the chit installed and dyno'd before the trip. Also considering getting the bigger Buell Ulysis in July and riding it out instead of the Springer...

I'm waffling. :lol:

Foxhound

Finishing last
Well, I'ma Kawboy hehehehe. I'm on a 1989 Kaw Vulcan 750, yes adjustable rear shocks. The lady going with me is around 135 lbs, hopefully not offended I give her weight away. It is all in the interest of a safe ride though. I just replaced the rear tire, need a new front one before I leave ( saw a post about a cheaper online source for tires, don't remember the name though ), new front fork seals, and new brake pads. Other than that I feel comfortable the bike is in good enough shape. For now the plans aren't rock solid but I was planning on leaving thursday eve possibly morning, not worrying about being there opening day, getting there whenever, camping at Buffalo chips and leaving when the mood strikes, or the leave runs out. :lmao:

I've got a small trailer I can use for my bike, but would rather ride. I enjoy adventure.

Mark
1989 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

Ride safe

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Foxhound said:
Well, I'ma Kawboy hehehehe. I'm on a 1989 Kaw Vulcan 750, yes adjustable rear shocks. The lady going with me is around 135 lbs, hopefully not offended I give her weight away. It is all in the interest of a safe ride though. I just replaced the rear tire, need a new front one before I leave ( saw a post about a cheaper online source for tires, don't remember the name though ), new front fork seals, and new brake pads. Other than that I feel comfortable the bike is in good enough shape. For now the plans aren't rock solid but I was planning on leaving thursday eve possibly morning, not worrying about being there opening day, getting there whenever, camping at Buffalo chips and leaving when the mood strikes, or the leave runs out. :lmao:

I've got a small trailer I can use for my bike, but would rather ride. I enjoy adventure.

Mark
1989 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

Ride safe
SWMototires.com for tires..

How long has it been since the shocks have been changed?? I'd two up on a medium length ride before setting out for Sturgis.. would suck 500 miles from home she looks at you and says.. My butt's sore, and I'm not going any further..

I haven't bought them yet, but am thinking of the gel biking shorts the cross country bike (like Lance) riders user may be a benefit.. They have the gel in all the right places.. and made specifically for male or female riders.. LOT cheaper then custom seats, or an airhawk..

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
itsbob said:
I haven't bought them yet, but am thinking of the gel biking shorts the cross country bike (like Lance) riders user may be a benefit.. They have the gel in all the right places.. and made specifically for male or female riders.. LOT cheaper then custom seats, or an airhawk..
Not buying anything and simply using what you've got is a whole heck of a lot cheaper. :biggrin:

Foxhound

Finishing last
She used to own a Harley, and is aware of the "risks" of the ride. Anyway she gave me a ribbing when I got back from a 1k day and said my arze was sore, so I think I'll let her grin and bear (or bare) it. Hehehehe.

Mark

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Foxhound said:
Well, I'ma Kawboy hehehehe. I'm on a 1989 Kaw Vulcan 750, yes adjustable rear shocks. 1989 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
Ride safe
Are those the air adjustable shocks (and forks)? I've still got the shock pump I bought when I had a Kaw 750. Pretty much a big syringe with a pressure gage on it.
If you want it, let me know and I'll dig it up.

Foxhound

Finishing last
Actually since it's an 89 I think the front are still air adjustable unless the previous owner changed the forks. I havn't checked. If they are the pump would be great. Save me having to buy one online. I'm planning on being at the Red Hot and Blue on friday barring any major problems.

Mark

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Foxhound said:
I'm planning on being at the Red Hot and Blue on friday barring any major problems.
Mark
Won't be there. I'm heading to Buena Vista VA Thursday morning for a MC campout this weekend, ($30 gets you a camp site and they provode the food all weekend) but I'll go look for it. Second officer's name is Dave, nickname is ooootis. (don't ask) :lol:

Found it. the tubing from the syringe to the air chuck is dry rotted, think a piece of 1/4" tubing like they sell for aquarium air pumps will fit it. I'll see if I can get it up there.

Foxhound

Finishing last
Took the caps off the front forks. Front shocks are not adjustable. The rear are air adjustable as well as dampening adjustment.

Mark