The gazelle

johnson0424 said:
anyone ever tried the gazelle? do you like it?
It is definately low-impact on the joints, but I don't think it gets the heart rate up enough to make it an effective workout. If you are going to sink money into any piece of equipment, I highly recommend you go the extra bucks and get an eliptical machine. I would trade my stepper, treadmill and gazelle to have one of those.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
It is definately low-impact on the joints, but I don't think it gets the heart rate up enough to make it an effective workout.
I notice that on the machines at the gym, the lower your heart rate, the better the fat burn. Whereas, the higher your heart rate, the more of a cardio workout you get.

Chasey_Lane said:
I notice that on the machines at the gym, the lower your heart rate, the better the fat burn. Whereas, the higher your heart rate, the more of a cardio workout you get.
Cardio workouts are a very important part of overall fitness and health. The eliptical can be used for both cardio and fat burning workouts based on how you select your settings. Dollar for dollar, if one plans to purchase a machine for a home gym, I think the eliptical is the best choice.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
Cardio workouts are a very important part of overall fitness and health. The eliptical can be used for both cardio and fat burning workouts based on how you select your settings. Dollar for dollar, if one plans to purchase a machine for a home gym, I think the eliptical is the best choice.
I love the elliptical, but I can work my backside (and legs more) on the treadmill. :biggrin:

Chasey_Lane said:
I love the elliptical, but I can work my backside (and legs more) on the treadmill. :biggrin:
Aaaaa, but the treadmill has a higher rate of injury as it is not considered "low impact" for those who don't use it properly... and it takes longer to achieve the same workout impact on a treadmill that one could achieve on a elliptical. :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
Aaaaa, but the treadmill has a higher rate of injury as it is not considered "low impact" for those who don't use it properly... and it takes longer to achieve the same workout impact on a treadmill that one could achieve on a elliptical. :shrug:
I'm all healed now, tyvm. :lol: