PAXR West Basin boat ramp

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
desertrat said:
Not lately, but I used to use it all the time. Why?

Wondering how many people have run into the problems we have with the coast guard launching there. They always launch down the middle of the ramp blocking both ramps....... And last weekend did the same BUT also backed to far down and the boat trailer wheels went off the ramp! So then there were 4 boats waiting for them to get out of the way for over an hour.

Just seems like we run into the issue with them several times a season and it's getting real old............

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Suz' said:
Wondering how many people have run into the problems we have with the coast guard launching there. They always launch down the middle of the ramp blocking both ramps....... And last weekend did the same BUT also backed to far down and the boat trailer wheels went off the ramp! So then there were 4 boats waiting for them to get out of the way for over an hour.

Just seems like we run into the issue with them several times a season and it's getting real old............
Can't imagine the Coast Guard would be THAT big a problem.. how often do they launch out of there??

Sounds like the Coasties aren't too bright.. aren't there Black plastic boxes marking where the end of the ramp is?? WHy don't you come around and use the boat launch near the SAR building??

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
itsbob said:
Can't imagine the Coast Guard would be THAT big a problem.. how often do they launch out of there??

Sounds like the Coasties aren't too bright.. aren't there Black plastic boxes marking where the end of the ramp is?? WHy don't you come around and use the boat launch near the SAR building??

I don't know how often they launch out of there but this happens to us several times a season. You would think being the coast guard, they would be smarter and more considerate of others.

There are signs indicating where the ramp ends. What ramp by the sar bldg? As far as I know this is the only ramp we are allowed to use and it is next to the SAR bldg so I think we are talking about the same ramp. :confused:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Suz' said:
I don't know how often they launch out of there but this happens to us several times a season. You would think being the coast guard, they would be smarter and more considerate of others.

There are signs indicating where the ramp ends. What ramp by the sar bldg? As far as I know this is the only ramp we are allowed to use and it is next to the SAR bldg so I think we are talking about the same ramp. :confused:
Can't you launch from the Seaplane Ramp??

Suz' said:

Don't be afraid to point out that the ramp is a dual ramp. They don't sound like very considerate or professional sailers to me.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Suz' said:
:lmao: Didn't know there was one, so I doubt it.
Next time you are there.. look across the Basin to where all the boats are in dry storage.. up on stands.. at the base of that lot is a HUGE seaplane ramp..

When you are coming down the hill (like you were coming from the Comissary) you come to a stop sign, you would go left there to go to the Marina, if you go straight, through the gate, go through the stored boats, there is a HUGE ramp you will come to..

mAlice

professional daydreamer
itsbob said:
AMTC??

Doesn't MWR use that ramp to launch their boats??

If we're talking about the same ramp....The directions you gave indicate two different ramps in the same area. If you turn right at the stop sign, then turn left and drive through AIMD parking, you'll come to AMTC, which owns that ramp.

Why would MWR launch from the other side of the basin when they have their own ramps? :confused:

PrepH4U

How dare the coast guard use the ramps and cause a little inconvience to the people waiting to use the free ramps. Cripes next thing you know the Navy will want to use the runways on the base! :jameo:

:sarcasm:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
elaine said:
If we're talking about the same ramp....The directions you gave indicate two different ramps in the same area. If you turn right at the stop sign, then turn left and drive through AIMD parking, you'll come to AMTC, which owns that ramp.

Why would MWR launch from the other side of the basin when they have their own ramps? :confused:
Size of the boats for one.. MWR and the Sail Club take the boats out, and put them back in using the seaplane ramp (I'm pretty sure anyways).. and the seaplane ramp is marked to ensure nobody drives off of the end of the ramp.. so I would assume SOMEbody uses it.

I thought the boats that are up on stands there (mainly sailboats) are put in and taken out at that ramp by MWR also..

nomoney

PrepH4U said:
How dare the coast guard use the ramps and cause a little inconvience to the people waiting to use the free ramps. Cripes next thing you know the Navy will want to use the runways on the base! :jameo:

:lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
itsbob said:
Size of the boats for one.. MWR and the Sail Club take the boats out, and put them back in using the seaplane ramp (I'm pretty sure anyways).. and the seaplane ramp is marked to ensure nobody drives off of the end of the ramp.. so I would assume SOMEbody uses it.

I thought the boats that are up on stands there (mainly sailboats) are put in and taken out at that ramp by MWR also..

:shrug: I just know that AMTC took over the building and ramp behind AIMD.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
PrepH4U said:

That was my thought as well.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'd say, use the seaplane ramp.. if they don't want you to use it, I'm sure someobdy will tell you..