Eldercare Assistance

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Can anyone recommend some one that is qualified, capable, and willing to work 3 days per week, about 4 hours per day for a partially paralyzed woman with very limited speech and essentially no ability to offer self-assistance for her care? My sister is currently my mom's primary caregiver, and sis is in desperate need of a break, and a chance to regain some portion ofher life back.

We are in the Lexington Park area. References are a MUST.

Thanks!

If you can't find anyone based on word of mouth, you can contact the Garvey Center. They have a list of folks available and in most cases, they are paid for by the state. Another little known tidbit is that you can also ask the folks at the Garvey Center about financial assistance for specific things as well. They will help you pay an oil bill or pay for meds or get things you need to care for your mom. It may be worth a call with you explaining your situation and seeing exactly what they have to offer by way of help. The state funds them to assist folks like you... not just the folks in the center.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
kwillia said:
If you can't find anyone based on word of mouth, you can contact the Garvey Center. They have a list of folks available and in most cases, they are paid for by the state. Another little known tidbit is that you can also ask the folks at the Garvey Center about financial assistance for specific things as well. They will help you pay an oil bill or pay for meds or get things you need to care for your mom. It may be worth a call with you explaining your situation and seeing exactly what they have to offer by way of help. The state funds them to assist folks like you... not just the folks in the center.
They will pay for some one to come in a couple hrs a day. 301-475-4200, then press 2, then 2 or 3. You'd be surprised how much help you can get from them. :huggy:

FancyBelle said:
They will pay for some one to come in a couple hrs a day. 301-475-4200, then press 2, then 2 or 3. You'd be surprised how much help you can get from them. :huggy:
Thanks for giving her the dialing info... I hope she calls.