Water spots

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Anybody know how to get rid of them? While watering my lawn a couple of weeks ago, I decided to water my car as well. I've tried waxing and I've tried the super-duper glass cleaner - still have spots.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
ememdee19 said:
Anybody know how to get rid of them? While watering my lawn a couple of weeks ago, I decided to water my car as well. I've tried waxing and I've tried the super-duper glass cleaner - still have spots.
You water your car? Does it grow when you do that?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
ememdee19 said:
What color is you car? Just wondering if maybe it's rain damage? :shrug:

ememdee19 said:
Here ya go.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Chasey_Lane said:
What color is you car? Just wondering if maybe it's rain damage? :shrug:

I guess I should've specified where the water spots were...on the windows. Not that it matters, but my car is gray.

mainman

Set Trippin
ememdee19 said:
I guess I should've specified where the water spots were...on the windows. Not that it matters, but my car is gray.
You need some #0000 extra fine grade steel wool.

Using steel wool is fine on any glass surface, as long as you use #0000 extra fine grade steel wool. Quadruple grade steel wool is so soft it will not scratch any glass surface, no matter how hard you rub. Important note: Do not use steel wool on any tinted or filmed surface as it can damage those surfaces. And dont even think of getting steel wool wet, because after it gets wet it's pretty much useless. So in conclusion, wash it once really good with soap and water, then after you towel dry it you will notice the spots starting to appear, then bust out your #0000 grade steel wool, and rub on the spots till they disappear. It takes elbow grease and effort, but it works every time.
http://www.ehow.com/how_9126_make-own-glass.html

mainman

Set Trippin
ememdee19 said:
That's not the same steel wool that you can find at Wally World, is it?
Yes as long as you find the #0000 mentioned above, I assume Walmart carries it, if not I know you can get it at lowes or home depot...:yay: