Flat irons

EmnJoe

nunya bidnis
What kind of flat irons do ya'll use for your hair? I'm not sure what kind to buy and I have very curly hair that I would like to straighten.
TYIA :flowers:

From a recent recommendation of another forumite, I just bought the CHI GF1001 made by Farouk Systems. It was rather pricey ($94.00 from amazon.com), but it's a nice iron. It has ceramic coated plates and a swivel cord (which comes in handy). :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
My g/f who does hair in Va Beach says that if you're going to buy one, and you can afford it, spring for a tourmaline iron.

I haven't used a flat iron on my hair in some time ... they fry the hell out of it, and I don't like the stick-straight-ends look on me. :ohwell:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Chasey_Lane said:
:yeahthat: Besides, anyone who knows anything about fashion knows that look is sooooo 5 minutes ago. :razz:

That's okay though if you're running on central, mountain or pacific time. :yay:

I don't care so much about what someone else thinks (unless they wanna come do my hair for me every day); I just prefer a softer look vs. the hard-edge line of the stick-straight look. Some people can pull it off though. :shrug: