Bad News Cowboy fans.....

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I just saw a news ticker on the screen of ESPN News that the Dallas Cowboys have released runningback- - - - - - - - - - - ->

Emmitt Smith!

Man! Now what are they gonna do? Trade for a Washington Redskin??

demsformd

I don't know what is worse...releasing Smith or the Redskins releasing Stephen Davis. Just stupid if you ask me.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by iceeyes9
WTF............................YOUR KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shrug: Check it out if you have ESPN when you get home. I saw it streaming across the bottom of the screen about 10 minutes ago.
I'm pretty sure a story this big(for Cowboy fans - heh! heh!), there'll be a segment on the 6:00pm news too.

SmallTown

Football season!
Smith would still be a cowboy if he could have convinced the league to let the comboys play the redskins 7 times a year.
Seems like no matter how big of a slump he is in, when he plays the skins he has great games.

vanthofda

About damn time. He should of retired years ago, and that Walter would still have the record, which he deserves.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
huh?

Originally posted by vanthofda
About damn time. He should of retired years ago, and that Walter would still have the record, which he deserves.
:cool: Whaddaya mean? Emmitts' only 34 years old! He's got another year or two in him, think he will play for another team?

iceeyes9

Born and Bred Hillybilly
Re: huh?

Originally posted by penncam
:cool: Whaddaya mean? Emmitts' only 34 years old! He's got another year or two in him, think he will play for another team?

News says he's already getting offers.

vanthofda

Re: huh?

Originally posted by penncam
Emmit is washed up, he is not that good anymore, so he may as well retire.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: huh?

Originally posted by vanthofda
Emmit is washed up, he is not that good anymore, so he may as well retire.
Not that good? Even on a bad day he is a great player. Maybe the Skins will sign him, now that would be a hoot.

Emmit's stats - NFL's all-time leader for rushing yards, rushing touchdowns, rushing attempts, 1,000-yard seasons (11) and postseason rushing touchdowns (19)

Maybe Snyder can put him in the Burgandy and Gold for a song instead of all the high dollar spending with no results that we have grown accustomed to.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Re: Re: Re: huh?

Originally posted by Ken King
Maybe Snyder can put him in the Burgandy and Gold for a song instead of all the high dollar spending with no results that we have grown accustomed to.

Doubtful, Smith left Florida after his junior year because Spurrier arrived and Smith wasn't exactly thrilled with DaBallCoach.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Bluto...

Jerry Rice

Re-signed in 1998 with 49ers 6 years (2003!) $36 million

Re-signed with 49ers TWO years later for 5 years and $31 million.

Then he signed with the Raiders the NEXT year (can't find the deal)

Now, he just signed a new 6 year deal with the Raiders for $30 million

I guess the agents get paid their commission up front on the total deal???

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Emmitt Smith to Play for Cardinals

PHOENIX - Emmitt Smith reached an agreement to join the Arizona Cardinals on Wednesday.

The Cardinals called an afternoon news conference to announce the deal, NFL spokesman Joe Browne said. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

The NFL's leading career rusher was released Feb. 27 by Dallas in a salary-cap move agreed to by the Cowboys and Smith. The Cardinals were the only team the 33-year-old Smith visited.

Arizona lost quarterback Jake Plummer and wide receiver David Boston. They have since signed Jeff Blake to replace Plummer and signed safety Dexter Jackson, the MVP of the Super Bowl for Tampa Bay.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:smile: Looks like Emmitt has signed for 6 to 8 million for two years with the Cardinals. Betcha Jake Plummer is sorry he didn't resign with them; could be an interesting season with Smith at runningback.

T

toppick08

Betcha' in the big D.........they really don't care about Allen's jealous/ made up rivalry..(please remove the darts from Landry's HOF face...ty).., and trust me, they really don't....just saying...plus the record is 5 and 3 .....Lombardis that is...:killingme:

Keep being classy Skins' faithful and learn some history, esp. your own team...:howdy:

Go Iggles !!