I bleached my nails

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
And they look fantastic. Morgan had mentioned it in the fake nail thread the other day. It had never even occured to me to bleach my nails. I typically take the polish off then use a nail brush and dish soap (it removes the oils) to scrub them before reapplying polish. The tops of my nails aren't stained because I always use a coat or two of base before applying color. In the spring/summer I like to just use that but since I've been using lotion with a self tanner my nails have been getting stained despite washing after application.

Last night I put a little bleach in a bowl, soaked my nails for no longer than a minute, scrubbed them with a nail brush then again with some dish soap. They look and feel better than they ever have. Almost as if a layer of film was taken off the tops which I would have thought polish remover and dish soap would have taken care of. I'm going to start doing this once a month.

Joewsesnica

Joewsesnica
pixiegirl said:
And they look fantastic. Morgan had mentioned it in the fake nail thread the other day. It had never even occured to me to bleach my nails. I typically take the polish off then use a nail brush and dish soap (it removes the oils) to scrub them before reapplying polish. The tops of my nails aren't stained because I always use a coat or two of base before applying color. In the spring/summer I like to just use that but since I've been using lotion with a self tanner my nails have been getting stained despite washing after application.

Last night I put a little bleach in a bowl, soaked my nails for no longer than a minute, scrubbed them with a nail brush then again with some dish soap. They look and feel better than they ever have. Almost as if a layer of film was taken off the tops which I would have thought polish remover and dish soap would have taken care of. I'm going to start doing this once a month.

Hey thanks for the advice. :yahoo: I got the Mystic Tan yesterday and it won't come off my finger nails and toe nails. I'm definatly giving this one a try!!!

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 103